Monday, June 9, 2014

CATCHING UP



This has been a week full of changes.  On Saturday Joe and I attended the funeral service for our neighbor and good friend, Bea.  She will be missed so very much.  Such a caring, creative and genuine lady.  Many is the day she would hand dinner to me over the back yard fence because I had worked all day and she had "a little extra" that they wouldn't miss.  She helped me with all the flowers for my wedding.  She was so crafty and could do just about anything.  Joe had a scripture reading in the service.  My former pastor was the officiant.  We had lunch at the Casbah caterers afterwards so had a lot of time to talk with him and his wife and catch up on things.

Last night I took a picture of the moon with the camera Joe gave me last Christmas.  This is the best picture of the moon I've ever been able to take.  It is 10x zoom so not real close, but better than the 5x I had on my older one.


I promised to show you a picture of the rental car I've been driving.

It's a cute car and drives nice but I want my own car back.  I am so nervous driving it in case I get a ding or scratch on it.  Our car is at the dealer's now.  Joe got a call this morning asking exactly what was wrong with it and was told they would be working on it tomorrow.

Today was Sheila's last day at our branch of the library.  She is being transferred to the Fishtown Branch.  I will really miss her.  We haven't yet met Liz who is the librarian being transferred to us, but I heard she is really nice.  Jerry was on vacation today, so I got Marquita to go out and get a cake and a card which we all signed.  Bob came back from lunch with a pizza and we had a little party for her.  The cake Marquita got was a dark chocolate with raspberry filling and was SO GOOD!

We finally got to go food shopping tonight after work and Joe got to drive the rental car.  He said he likes it.  I think he likes it more than I do.  I find it hard to drive.  I guess because I am so short.

By the time we got home and put the food away it was getting late.  So I made a salad for dinner.  I "stole" this from my friend Linda at "Linda's Life Journal".  She had it on her blog the other day and I thought, "Yum!  I have to try this."  It was strawberries, peaches, tomatoes and celery with a raspberry vinaigrette.  So very good!  I am definitely making it again.  Then we had birthday cake ice cream for dessert.


So now it's off to bed.  Tuesdays are my long days.  Bible study in the morning and work in the afternoon and evening until 8:00 p.m.  I need to get some sleep tonight.

Until later....

Kathy
----------------------------------------------
 Monday's weather
Cloudy with light rain
High:  81 degrees
Low:  69 degrees
Sunrise:  5:31 a.m.
Sunset:  8:28 p.m.
14 hours and 57 minutes of daylight

12 comments:

  1. You have been a busy lady!! Glad you liked the salad! I'm going to miss you at the movies tomorrow!! ;)
    Have you seen the movie?? I think it's awesome they make at least a few that really speak the gospel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to see God's Not Dead so badly but they aren't showing it here anymore. I haven't seen it yet. I am hoping to get it when it comes out on DVD.

      Delete
  2. If you do watch. God's Not Dead, would you do a review? I trust your opinion and I wanted to see it, also.
    You camera is great! I can't get a good picture of the moon.
    How is Jenny?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I definitely would do a review. I have seen the trailer and it looks great!

      Jenny is holding her own, although she has three new tumors. She goes to the vet today for another steroid shot.

      Delete
  3. Love the moon photo! The rental car is kinda cute. Glad to hear Jenny is holding her own.Where
    did Marquita get the cake? I would LOVE to taste that combination!
    Have a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marquita got it at Kaplan's Bakery in North Philly.

      Delete
  4. Kathy, Honey, I feel for people who have to eat so late. It's hard on our stomachs to eat then go to bed. You and your co-workers are a good group always showing you will miss one another. That's so nice. Blessings, xoxo,Susie p.s. Sorry about your sweet neighbor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not so bad eating late. We eat about 8 p.m. every night so we are used to it. And we don't go to bed till about midnight, so we aren't laying down on a full stomach. Since I don't have to get up until 7:30 or 8:00 I still get enough sleep.

      Delete
  5. Kathy,
    Sorry about your neighbor. sounds like a wonderful lady.
    you sure have been busy lately the salad looks amazing
    going to have to try that soon
    have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, please do try the salad. I didn't think I would like fruit and veggies together, but it was really good.

      Delete
  6. Kathy, I love your lil blog! You write such wonderful things on it....very interesting! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Diane. I know you liked riding in "Big Red" but I will be happy to have my little blue car back.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.