Sunday, May 25, 2014

THE SUNDAY GARDEN

It has been a beautiful day today -- sunny and warm.  I even hung out a couple loads of wash today.  I don't usually do that on Sunday, but it was such a nice day.

I wanted to show you what's going on in the garden this week.  So much has changed in seven days.

I finally changed out my flag.  The one I had up had a picture of snow on it.  No.  No more snow.

The chives are thriving.  And so are the flowers.

I wasn't going to take a picture of Joe, but he posed and said, "Take me!"  So I did.

More irises are blooming every day.

And the roses are out.  Here is a deep pink one.

Several of them.

The miniature pink roses.

The hosta is looking beautiful.

This is a peace rose.  It is my favorite.

The buds of the peace rose are beautiful.  And when it opens up, it's huge!

The red roses.

They are so pretty.

This didn't turn out too well.  It looks orange, but really is yellow with red.  It's Joe's favorite.

And this is what it looks like opened up.

The pansies and violas are still going strong.

The fairy garden looks better all the time.
 Hope you enjoyed the little tour.

Tomorrow is the unofficial start to the summer (thought it would never come), but also a day to remember our veterans, both alive and dead.  Remember to thank a veteran for the good they have done for our country.

Kathy
--------------------------------------------
Sunday's weather:
Sunny
High:  83 degrees
Low:  61 degrees
Sunrise:  5:37 a.m.
Sunset:  8:17 p.m.
14 hours and 40 minutes of daylight

7 comments:

  1. Spring was a long time coing for you but so beauiful when it DID arrive!! Love the pic of Joe!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy, I love your roses. Is it nice to sit out and smell them in the breeze? Joe looks like he is feeling good. Hope you both had a wonderful weekend, hey one more day too. :):) xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. spring is here, with intermittent rain showers. I finally bought 2 hostas and they are budding! So pretty. I love roses too but have one bush. I need to go out and clip a few to take with us to dinner this evening at friend's house. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the tour! With your pictures and comments that is exactly what it feels
    like...a tour. Joe looks so relaxed. Hope you are too....enjoying this lovely weather.
    Joe, I thank you for your service to & for our country. Let us all remember those in the military
    and honor them for their service.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathy, your yard is just gorgeous. Those roses are stunning. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's nice to see your garden doing so well. With all that snow, I was concerned.
    You have a lot of roses, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How very lovely a visit to your garden! And even without all the lush blossoms and bright colors, simply swapping the "Snow" flag for one with a welcoming blue lawn chair---that brings on Summer in a nice way, as well.

    I always love coming to see what you're doing, and am so glad that all the weather did not hinder any of your lovely blooms. Our hostas are peeking out and the Rose of Sharon forest out back is budding like mad. It's good to have all the doors and windows open, and the patio ready for morning coffee with the birds.

    r

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.