Tuesday, May 6, 2014

THE FAIRY GARDEN


I have been inspired by some of my blogging friends to make a fairy garden.  I thought about where to do it and how to get the items I needed to make one.  I finally decided to make one in my earth box where I grow herbs each summer.



I found the fairies and the little mushrooms when I was in Lancaster on Easter Monday.  I had been looking for fairies everywhere.  I found some in a catalog for $15 each.  I got these for $5 each.  The mushrooms were $4.



The fairies are hiding there among the parsley, thyme, chives, sage and basil.



At first I was hesitant to buy all white fairies.  I thought about painting them.  And I did add a little color with some markers.  But they had such sweet faces and really were exactly what I was looking for.




I'm so glad I spent a little extra money to do this.  And getting the herbs at Shop Rite for $2 each didn't hurt any either!



The bigger mushrooms I got last year at Rite Aid.  They fit right in.



I have a few other little things to add.  I figure that I can put a little more in each year.  It doesn't have to be all done at one time.  That will make the fun last longer.



Kathy

4 comments:

  1. Kathy, Your garden looks wonderful. I like the little fairies. The mushrooms are perfect in the garden too. My Emma pooh needs to make a new garden here. xoxox,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy, HOW precious!! It won't be long and your plants will grow and it will just get prettier and prettier. I hope you made drainage in the bottom. Your little Fairies are just lovely..Many Fairies are all white...and I love their dresses. If you can find some moss or baby tears, to lay in where it is now bare..it will really inhance it. Unfortunately I forgot to move mine out of the heat and it burned badly so now I have a lot of work ahead of me when I get well. Right now it doesn't look good..but the other one survived...thankfully. It was under a tree in the shade.
    You did a fantasic job, Kathy. Just fantastic! :) It's a neat hobby and an easy one.
    Big hugs!
    Mona

    ReplyDelete
  3. The box is the perfect place for the fairy garden!! I think it very beautiful.I agree about adding things each
    year. The variety will keep it interesting.
    It's supposed to go to 70 degrees! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.