Tuesday, May 20, 2014

STAYCATION

I took Monday and Tuesday off from work to celebrate Joe's birthday.  I had all kinds of plans of going to a museum or gardens or to the shore.  Instead, all we've done is hang around the house.  Which isn't a bad thing.

Joe wants to spend time with Jenny.  He and Jenny have a very close bond.  We are still upset with the news that she has a short time here on earth and are trying to make her as happy as we can.




Sunday was my pastor's wife's birthday.  I won't tell her age but I'd love to be that age again!  I took a picture of her, her mom and Miss A.  It's not very good, but the second one I took was worse because Miss A was not happy and her face is all screwed up.


Here's a better one of Pastor Justin, Cherie and Miss A taken later in the day.

And with grandma.  She's four months old already!  And so adorable.  When she comes into church, Pastor loses everyone's attention.  All eyes are on Miss A.

Monday we ran some errands and ended the day by working in the yard.  The grass was so high we had to cut it.  It seemed like such an easy thing, but the weed wacker ran out of cord.  We had the cord to put new in, but had never done it on this new wacker.  Figuring out how to open it and then how to put it back together was tough.  But we finally got it done.  Then Joe decided to cut down the dead hydrangea.




When he got down towards the roots, though, there were some leaves growing out of the bottom part.  So instead of digging it up, we are going to see if it revives.  That would be nice.  In any case, all that dead wood needed to go.  We still have a LOT to do to clean up the yard, but it's a start.

Since I didn't do a Sunday Garden post this week, I thought I would show you what is happening.  My irises are up and one has bloomed.



My first rose has bloomed.  Granted it's only the size of a quarter since it's on my miniature rosebush, but it's a rose, nonetheless.


The pansies and violas are bursting with color.



The chives are flowering too.  I accidentally broke one off when I was getting some chives to use for dinner.  I put it in a bottle of water and it opened up.  I love the picture I got of it.





We stayed out in the yard until the sun started setting.

Then I came in, showered, and made cream of broccoli soup and BLTs for dinner.

Please pray for my sister.  She had an accident yesterday and broke her right hand.  She is in a lot of pain and being right handed this is rather awkward for her.  She lives alone so there isn't anyone there to help her out, either.  I appreciate you remembering her.
 
Today is Joe's birthday.  I have tons to do.  I hope I don't fall asleep because I haven't been able to get much sleep last night.  And I have a chocolate strawberry shortcake to make.  It's a new recipe to me so we'll see how it turns out.

Now I'm getting sleepy.  I'm going to try to catch a couple of hours of sleep before starting my day.

Kathy

7 comments:

  1. Your garden is beautiful! I hope the hydrangea does bloom again. It may have only need a "refesh".
    Sorry to hear about your sister. I can only begin to imagine the pain. None of us realize just how dependent we are on certain body part. Seriously. We go about our day taking it all for granted. I will be keeping her in my thoughts & prayers.
    I actually think 'staycation ' was the best thing. You've both been through the kitchen thing,but more important thing (to me) is spending quality time with Jenny. My pets are family so I am all for taking that kind of time.
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY,JOE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Joe !!!! Make Kathy wait on you today....you know like she never has. LOL... Glad you both are feeling better. Kathy, I love your garden photos. everything looks nice. My sister's hydrangea did the same thing, all dry dead looking stems and leaves at the bottom.. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. First: Happy Birthday to Joe. Wishing him a blessed day:)
    Second: What a gorgeous baby she is just adorable
    and Third your blooms are just so pretty!!
    I hope you can cut the rose and bring it inside for your table..:)
    Xo Marissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Taking time with Jenny is the best way to spend your time off. You won't regret it.
    Oh my, your flowers are so beautiful. After all the snow, God has given you glory.

    Yes, I have and will continue to pray for your dear sister. Also, for you and Joe at this special time with Jenny.

    (thank you for your precious email!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your flowers are beautiful and your sweet kitty is too. Glad you and hubby are spending time with her. Sweet pictures of your pastor, his wife and baby.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Joe! And I hope you got to do everything you wanted to do and then get some rest. I'll keep your sister in my prayers dear friend! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  7. Miss A is just adorable. Babies always get all the attention. Just cannot be helped..its a brand new little one. :)
    Happy Birthday dear Joe! And many, many more!.
    You don't say what is wrong with your beautiful Jenny. Is she ill with something terminal?? It's so sad to lose a member of our family and they ARE part of our family! I was so sorry to hear that.
    And then your poor sister with her broken hand. Especially when it is the one you use the most! I am so hoping and praying that I don't find myself alone once again. I don't think I could stand it. I feel bad for her.

    Your flowers are just lovely! I didn't plant pansies this year and I don't know why. I usually do. I love your tiny mini rose. I have those too and they are so sweet.
    Bit hugs to you, dear.
    Mona

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.