Sunday, May 18, 2014

SATURDAY

Our little cat Jenny has not been feeling well.  Several months ago she had surgery to remove three cancerous tumors from her chest.  Now there are another two.



The vet said they are inoperable.  She most likely has cancer all through her body.  There is no hope.  She is still running around, eating, and being herself, so we are getting her steroid shots every three weeks.  When her quality of life goes down, we will have her put to sleep.


 As you can imagine Joe and I are heartbroken.  We have had her for 10 years (2 years before we got married).  She is Joe's best friend and they have a very close bond.

We went into a bakery across the street from the vet when we got out.  They were just opening and had only a few things in the counter.  Joe got two huge cookies (one chocolate chip and one mudslide) and a SanPellegrino Limonade.  The one cookie was so large the guy behind the counter had a hard time getting it out of the jar.



If you are wondering about Joe's hair, he went to the barber and asked for a short cut.  The barber ended up shaving his head.  We both hate it.  At least hair grows back and he said it's really cool for the summer.

I ended up sleeping most of the afternoon.  It is the first day of a four day weekend for me.  I took Monday and Tuesday off from work as vacation days.  We were planning to go to the shore for a couple of days, but it doesn't look as if that is going to work out.  Oh well.

We are slowly (oh so slowly) putting our kitchen back together.  I figure everything that needs it should be washed and/or scrubbed while it is pretty empty.  But every time I go into the kitchen I take one thing out of a bag or box and put it away.  I'll be glad when I can find everything again.

I'm so tired and it's after midnight so that's all for now.  Until later...

Kathy

7 comments:

  1. Those are HUGE cookies! I'll bet they were tasty.Sorry to hear about Jenny. We had a 4 yr old chow
    mix that had cancer. We had her on steroid pills until it hit her lymph nodes then we made the decision. All
    are in my thoughts & prayers...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry about your kitty. It is always hard, but especially when you have had her so long. Those cookies look amazing....yummmm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm very sorry to hear about Jenny. I understand how hard it is and have been through the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sorry to hear about your kitty. Wishing the best for all of you. Maybe take 2 days to put the kitchen back together, and then your reward would be two days at the shore. ��. Those are some big cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My heart just broke when I read about Jenny.
    Give her a tender hug from me.

    I want to thank you for supporting me with prayers for Silas. I have told so many of our family and friends about how you shared Silas, with your church and Woman's Prayer group. Several stopped and prayer for you!
    Thank you, again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor Jenny so sad! I hate how cancer just spreads.
    Maybe you can adopt one or rescue one?
    when the time comes.

    Wow that is a HUGE cookie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have the white cat that we rescued from the street in December. Jenny and Snowy hate each other and are always fighting. I keep saying no more cats, and then another one comes along.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.