Thursday, May 1, 2014

RING BELL AND COME IN



Hospitality.  That's a word filled with meaning.  We all like it when people are hospitable to us, but are we the same way to others?  Do we have a welcome sign out?  Does our door say "Ring Bell and Come In"?  Or are we more anxious about how our house looks?  What our schedule is?

Hospitality is a difficult thing to do sometimes.  Life gets in the way.  Our own things take priority.  At least they do in my life.  I get so involved in taking care of things I don't have time to do since I work all day.  I'm so concerned with getting everything done that I often forget about taking time for others.

I just heard last night that a friend of mine (a very close friend) is dying of cancer.  She has a few weeks to live.  No chance of treatment or recovery since it is so far advanced.  I used to spend a lot of time with her.  Then I got married.  Got busy.  See her now and then.  Now the time I can see her is very short.

It is so important for us to have that sign on our door:  Ring Bell and Come In.  Make time for others.  

Kathy

5 comments:

  1. I am very sorry to hear about your friend. I think we all tend to get caught up with life from time to time, this is a reminder that we should perhaps ignore the trivial stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy, Take a bit of time for your friend ...even now. You will not regret it. Just some cards or flowers or a phone call. Blessings, xoxo,Susie
    p.s. thank you for the prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry to hear this but I hope you are able to spend some time with her or at least talk to her on the phone. I have a small Welcome plaque just above my doorbell. Sweet hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. MAKE time for your friend. Whether it's flowers,a phone call or praying for or with her.She is important to you and you need to let her know....for her & yourself.
    Peace & hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathy, I loved this post! Not sure I want them to ring a bell and come in as I am often in my pj's, but I do have a welcome sign out front...always. I try to make my entry welcoming. You are right though...we need to pay attention to such things. I totally agree. :)
    You are SO sweet! Just wanted to tell you that!!
    Mona

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.