Thursday, May 22, 2014

A LITTLE BIT OF THIS AND THAT

I've been writing the posts this week while I am falling asleep at night and so have accidentally left out some things.  First of all, Joe's birthday.  I meant to show you a picture of the lit cake.  Yes, I put on only three candles.  How much do you expect a man with asthma to blow out?


And he got them in one breath!



If you decide to make the black bean brownies, Stephanie told us to be sure to let them cool completely before you eat them.  She said that if you eat them warm, they have a funny taste from the beans.  Let me tell you, the ones she gave us were completely cool and all you could taste was chocolate.  Lots and lots of chocolate.

Today was my first full day back to work this week since I left early yesterday to go to a doctor's appointment.  I felt so much better having had some time off.  Things went really smoothly and I enjoyed my time there.
Our Jenny cat is being her old rambunctious self.  She is running and jumping all over the place and has put herself in the front window each day to watch over the street.  You would never know she has terminal cancer.  As long as she has this quality of life, we will continue to treat her with the steroid shots.


A lot of the afternoon and early evening it was sunny and raining heavily.  When I went out for dinner tonight there was a beautiful rainbow.  I sat outside of the library in my car and took lots of pictures.  (I love my new camera!)  I will do a post on it tomorrow because the pictures are incredible.

I have off from work tomorrow and besides a doctor's appointment and a visit to the supermarket, I am determined to clean the house.  We are having company on Monday and I want to not be embarrassed by the kitchen things still all over the dining room.  I had no idea I had so much stuff in the kitchen.  I've been sorting it into "keep", "donate", and "throw out."  But that all takes time!  We are also changing our TV and internet to FIOS from Direct TV and the guy is coming tomorrow afternoon to do that.  So much to do!  It would be easier to just go to work!

Enough of this.  I'm going to see what I can get done before I go to bed.  So until later...

Kathy  

7 comments:

  1. Happy you got some Kathy Time to rest and recover. Life is busy! Good to know about the Brownies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard the black bean brownies are good, will have to try them, at least once! I'm still going thru stuff from our living room. Some of the bunnies are getting new homes, after I put them through a dryer cycle with a dry cleaner secret sheet with them, clean them up some, no dust, see how that works or toss them. Have a few things to give away as well. loved the cake for Joe, hugs to him for a late birthday. Take care and rest up. I'm always tired as there's so much to do and then crawl into bed later than I'd like to. Sigh! Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kudos to Joe for getting all the candles! Hope he enjoyed his day.Glad to Hear Jenny is being a cat. I
    agree with you,as long as there is quality of life....go for it! Sometimes I find it interesting what does & does not affect animals. Her mental health will play a big part in her well-being so LOTS of "daddy time".
    Isn't it amazing how time consuming sorting can be? I've noticed it's also more involved than it appears & can take most of a day. Can't wait to see the rainbow pics.Russ is looking at a 4 day weekend!!
    (ok,he volunteers at 30th st so lets say 3 days. But he loves doing that!)
    Enjoy the holiday!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear that your kitty is doing ok;quality of life is more important than quantity. Black bean brownies dont sound too good to me, so I will just take your word for it..lol Have a good holiday weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathy,
    That cake looks so DELICIOUS!!!!!
    Glad to hear your kitty is okay and its always fun having company
    even if thats means cleaning.
    Have a wonderful holiday Kathy and take lots of pictures
    Xo Marissa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kathy, Hope you get it all sorted. I almost have to horse whip myself to sort things any more. LOL. Bless you and Joe, hope your weekend is wonderful, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a nice cake! I love strawberries! You kitty does not even look ill. She is a beautiful cat..

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.