Sunday, March 9, 2014

THE CARDINAL

All winter I've been wanting to feed the birds, but couldn't get to the bird feeder because it was across the yard and the snow was too deep.  Last week I finally took it down and moved it closer to the house.  I'm so glad I did because I am able to sit at the table eating my breakfast and watch all the birds come.  Mostly it is sparrows, starlings and pigeons I see.  But on Friday I had a visit from a cardinal!


It is very rare to see a cardinal in these parts and I was so thrilled it came to visit.


It hopped and flew all over the place.


It was alone.  I looked for another cardinal somewhere nearby, but saw none.


It went away for awhile, then came back and started eating from the feeder.


He was there for quite awhile, and then flew away.  But not before posing for me.


I haven't seen him since, but I hope he comes back with some others.


Kathy
-----------------------------------------
Sunday's weather
Mostly cloudy
High:  47 degrees
Low:  34 degrees
Sunrise:  7:22 a.m.
Sunset:  7:01 p.m.
11 hours and 39 minutes of daylight
First day of Daylight Savings Time! 

6 comments:

  1. Oh- that is amazing. We have two cardinal families at our feeders every day. The come one pair after the other and the male sits up in the tree above the feeder and watches the female feed for a while and then he flies down and she flies away back to the nest. It is amazing to watch. We have several other birds but I love watching the cardinals. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pictures are so clear! Thank you for sharing such a special moment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy, You got some great pictures of your cardinal. I love them so much. I will stand outside and sing with them. They make a call and I copy it. Blessings for a wonderful week for you and Joe,hope he's better, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kathy! Don't you just love cardinals? You took some great snaps of him and I'm so glad he took the time to pose for you. :) I'm sure he was thanking you for all of the birdseed. Thanks so much for coming over and seeing my little cow creamers. I really appreciate your comments!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love cardinals! rarely see them here, too. But when I do, it is really special. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome.....ONE of my favorite birds ♥️
    Enjoy your evening...
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.