Tuesday, March 18, 2014

ST PATRICK'S DAY


 Hope you all had a happy St. Patrick's Day.  Here's how my day started.



Yes, more snow.  And it snowed most of the day.  BUT...  it was a light snow.  Fluffy.  And the temperatures were rising.  So by the end of the day almost all of it was gone.

I got Bob to take a picture of Diane and me in our Irish shirts.  Diane grabbed an Irish mug she had on her desk for one of the shots.  Even if you aren't Irish, you are on St. Patrick's Day.  Right?


Joe bought me the shirt a few days ago at Wal-mart.  It says "The Leprechauns Made Me Do It."  So cute.


We heard the Country Club was having an Irish dinner, so I picked up Joe after work and we headed out there.  Once we got there, neither of us wanted the corned beef and cabbage so Joe got a seafood combo and I got fried chicken.  They have seafood and chicken in Ireland, don't they?  The waiter said our salads were Irish colors because they had lettuce and carrots on white plates and that counted.  He was so funny.

On the way out we got cupcakes to have later.  I ate mine before bed and it was so good.


Even though it was a super busy day at work, it was a great day.


Kathy
----------------------------------------------
Monday's weather
Snow
High:  34 degrees
Low:  23 degrees
(No wonder everyone is sick with the temps going up and down!)
Sunrise:  7:09 a.m.
Sunset:  7:09 p.m.
12 hours of daylight!!!! 

8 comments:

  1. Kathy, I like that Irish blessing, very much. Glad that you and Joe had a great dinner together. I am not much of cabbage person either. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cabbage doesn't always agree with me. That's why I usually make Irish stew. But after working all day, I felt like going out instead.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful St. Paddy's Day. The do have fish and Chicken in Ireland! Love the cupcake. The snow didn't make it up to us. I saw on the news that Philly got 71 inches of snow this winter compared to the usual 21! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was a LOT of snow. I heard 68 inches, but either way it was too much. And here it was only the third snowiest winter on record. Sheesh!

      Delete
  3. Meant to add, I have not a drop of Irish blood in me yet I baked a soda bread and made corned beef and cabbage. 😊. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you, Barbara! Maybe if I hadn't had to work I would have had the energy to do that. Well, Irish stew is coming this weekend. Does that count?

      Delete
  4. Your shirt is so cute! I guess we're all Irish on Patty's day! I'm not big on beef & cabbage
    either. Russ said the young people were POURING into Philly when he was at 30th St station
    on Saturday! Apparently we're a 'party city'!
    Love & hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's great that at your job, you celebrate every holiday. And you all look like you are having fun while working.
    I really like your shirt, so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.