Sunday, March 30, 2014

RAINY DAYS

First of all, thank you for all the comments and caring that I was so tired the other day.  It must have been that I was just tired because yesterday I had energy to spare.  I worked all day and then went food shopping, made dinner, did a load of dishes, a load of wash, and some cleaning.  Wow.  Wish I felt like that all the time.

I had plans to go out in the yard today and take lots of pictures of what's going on out there but....  rain.  Lots of rain.  In fact there was so much rain that our church parking lot turned to mud and Joe and two other guys had to push the car out because it was stuck in the mud.  Thank God for people that help you.

I got to see the daughter of our pastor and his wife (little Miss A) today.  They said they don't mind me sharing pictures of her, just not personal information so that's why I use Miss A for her name.  She is a sweet baby, slept through the whole service, and at the end woke up, stretched, looked at everyone and gave us a big grin.  She is so absolutely adorable!  She is 2 1/2 months old now.



Joe and I are having some guys from Sears give us an estimate on fixing our kitchen tomorrow.  We had our kitchen redone about 5 years ago.  A year later things started breaking in it.  Now it's in really bad shape.  We paid a lot of money and got taken in because not long after it was finished the people went out of business.  It seems we weren't the only ones because there were a lot of Better Business Bureau complaints against them.  We tried to get someone from there to fix things or get some money back, but to no avail.  So Joe has called for an estimate to get some things fixed.  Hopefully it will not be too expensive.  It's always something when you own a house.

Last night I was cleaning out a closet and found all my decorative soaps that I had forgotten I had.  Years ago I used to decorate my bathroom with soaps for every holiday.  What else would you decorate the bathroom with?  So I put out my Easter soap.  I think it's so cute.

 
I plan on decorating a little bit each day and be completely done by the end of the week.  Lots of pictures coming up.

Since there is so much rain and I can't work outside, I think I will straighten up the kitchen for the guys coming tomorrow.  Then I will start dinner -- pork chops, acorn squash, zucchini.

Have a good evening everyone!


 Kathy

5 comments:

  1. Miss A is so cute. There's a little boy 8 months old at church. D is adorable and smiles alot. Other cute little ones as well. I'm glad you are feeling better. I had a headache after dinner last night. It was a bit there this a.m. Went to church, came home, laid down while Phil was making lunch. I feel asleep. Am feeling better. Weird weather as well! It was so windy yesterday and rain. Now today it's nice and breezy with sun, clouds and raindrops. Spring weather is that way some times. Sorry to hear that you have to get your kitchen redone so soon. Hope it's fixable so it won't cost quite so much ....but sometimes repairs are more expensive than replacing. Prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you are getting so much rain. You know we got an inch of snow , it melted in the afternoon and today was wonderful It was 60msomething, no wind, sunshine and clear blue skies. The best. I took a walk this afternoon . I prayed during the whole walk, thanking God for the best day is so long. I am glad we survived the worst winter ever. Kathy, I hope you can get some things fixed like you want. It's a darn shame when businesses rip people off . oxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the soap! I can remember when my mom kept little soaps in the drawer to scent her
    clothes...Hope that the repairs can done inexpensively. It's awful that people can be that uncaring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had a similar bad contractor experience, Kathy, and now the company is out of business. We learned that a lifetime guarantee doesn't mean anything when that happens. Hope you can get your kitchen redone without a lot of additional cost.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you are feeling better! Sometimes we just need to listen to our body and rest when it says rest. I ended up in the ER this weekend with a severe medicine reaction. I had taken it my WHOLE life and then bam, I broke out in hives from head to toe.

    That Easter soap is adorable. I always purchase holiday soaps from Avon and use in my kids stockings, Easter Baskets, Halloween Buckets, Etc. They LOVE IT!!! We don't normally decorate for Easter but I would love to. We might have to put out a few things this year :) Looking forward to seeing all your decor pictures!

    Hope you have a good week my dear!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.