Saturday, March 15, 2014

PAT'S STEAKS

We had to go to South Philly today to take Jenny to the vet.  She has been losing weight and has been having trouble using the litter box.  The vet found she was healthy, but ended up giving her a laxative.  Hopefully that will help.  He didn't seem concerned about her weight loss and said that older cats often lose weight.  Jenny is 11 years old.


By the time we got out it was a little after noon.  I asked Joe what he wanted to do for lunch.  He suggested going somewhere to eat after we took Jenny home.  As we were driving we came up to Pat's Steaks and Geno's Steaks.  There is a thriving rivalry between these two famous steak sandwiches.  People in Philadelphia like either one or the other.  They are across the street from each other and both are always packed.  I asked Joe if he wanted to stop and he said yes.  I asked him which one and he said he was a Pat's person.  It must have been meant to be because as we reached the intersection a car drove away and we drove right into the spot.  Parking is at a premium in South Philly and it's almost impossible to find a spot near either restaurant.  This was right in front of it!

We each got a steak sandwich with fried onions, french fries and iced tea.  It was expensive, but oh, so good!





We sat in the car to eat since we had Jenny with us.  It was a beautiful day, the food was good, and it was a great treat.

Kathy

6 comments:

  1. I would love to visit both these places! I love a good Philly cheese steak sandwich! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't had a REALLY GOOD Philly cheese steak since I moved away from Pennsylvania. And...now I want one! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. The picture of the steak made my mouth water.....want one!! Joe certainly looks very happy with his.
    I know about the parking there and you were so blessed!
    Have a glorious day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy, Your Joe looks as if he is in heaven.LOL I had too many little tid-bits for my lunch yesterday...so I may be having a nice lunch today.:):) Hope you are going to have good weather from now on. xoxox,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I SEE SUNSHINE!
    Sunshine, steak sandwiches, and sweetness. Sounds like a great time!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.