Saturday, March 8, 2014

I GIVE UP

Google image


It finally caught up with me.  First Sheila had it.  Then Jerry.  Then Diane.  Then Bob.  Now me.  And in my generosity I passed it on to Joe.  It's the dreaded...

WINTER COLD!!!

Coughing.   Choking.  Sneezing.  Stuffy nose.  No voice.  Can't breathe.  Fever.  And generally feeling...

JUST MISERABLE.

So that is where I have been for the past few days.  I am about three days ahead of Joe in catching it and then the recovery process.  It has not been fun.  Both of us had antibiotics and cough medicine.  But Joe's was worse and I ended up taking him to the hospital.  I left him there while I went to work.  When he was finished seeing the doctor, he called me and I took my lunch break, went back and picked him up.

I'm doing better, Joe not so much.  Probably in a few days we will both be well.  Until then, our home is full of coughing, sneezing and the blowing of noses.

Kathy




8 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy,
    I surely feel for you. My Ted has some cold of some kind...I am praying I do not get it. I think I wash my hands way more than he does. Plus when I go into stores...that's for sure when I put my gloves on. I try not to touch stuff with bare hands . I wipe things off when we get home, especially the milk jug handle....that everyone touches. Some times it just doesn't matter, you will catch a cold from a sneeze left hanging n the air. Take care, drink as much liquids as you can. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh-That is too bad. It just sweeps from one person to another, doesn't it? I have had a very lucky winter. I hope you are all feeling better soon- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Feel better real soon, Kathy♥️
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. No Fun!!! Jordan and I have been passing the crud back and forth for the last month. I had it first, then he had it (worse than I did), then I started feeling crummy AGAIN last week.

    Hope you feel better very soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It IS awful!!! I think I have had allergies but I'm not sure what it IS!!! Hope Joe recovers quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Feel better, soon. Passing colds around isn't the best thing among friends and loved ones, is it! Praying for you both. Hugs, miles away!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just plain yuck! I empathize with you both. All you want to do is sleep. Hope you both feel better very soon!
    Love & hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so sorry to hear you and your family are sick. Nothing is yuckier than a nasty old winter cold. Thank you for popping in to see my little cow creamer and I would love to see yours. How sweet you've had it since you were so little.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.