Thursday, March 20, 2014

A RANDOM ACT OF CULTURE

Yesterday around 3 p.m. the Richmond Library was struck with a Library Random Act of Culture.


We knew something was coming.  We had gotten a phone call saying there would be a flash mob of sorts hitting us.  But we didn't know what to expect.


All of a sudden these two stilt walkers come in the handicapped entrance.  Guess they couldn't do steps and had to use the ramp.


And we heard music from a tuba, drum and accordian.


There was a man dressed as a woman and a woman dressed as a man.


They told jokes.


They sang.

 
They danced.


They had us singing along with them.


It was great!

 
 At the end they said, "This has been a random act of culture.  You've all been culturized."  And as quickly as they came, they went.


A lot of us took pictures, but not one of us thought to take a video until after they had left.  Oh well!

Congratulations.  Now you've been culturized too.

Kathy 
 

14 comments:

  1. What a fantastic break in the weekly schedule! I love the dress. Just seeing the pictures
    gave me a light-hearted feeling,like spring is here! I guess it was much better in person.Thank you
    for this midweek mood lifter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quirky ....but I bet fun for all of you while working. Hope you are going to have a great first day of spring Kathy. Boy it seems to have taken it's time....I know the weather isn't going to be so nice in the next few days. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was fun. Sorry you aren't having good weather. Our weather is sunny and WARM! Up in the 60s. I'm loving it.

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness kathy, that is an amazing way to break up the week.
    I am busy catching up with blogs this morning. I have been so busy with my husband being off for spring vacation and baby now teething. I have literally no time for myself until yesterday I finally got a break and went for a pedicure and spa to get my hair done.
    I hope you and Joe are doing good and taking care of yourselves.
    wishing you a beautiful spring day.

    I would have loved seeing that play in person. I always wonder how the can stand or walk on stilts?.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like you're really busy. Glad you took some time for yourself. It was amazing what they did on those stilts. I kept imagining them falling, but they never lost their balance.

      Delete
  4. What GREAT fun!! Don't you just LOVE being around when something like that happens?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I do. I'm so glad it wasn't my day off!

      Delete
  5. Now that is just really cool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so much fun!!! I want to be culturized too! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is the neatest thing I've ever heard of! I'm so glad you were there to take photos to share! I am in awe! And I love your new banner...cute little baby chicks! Happy Spring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I was there too. Thanks, I like my new banner too.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.