Friday, February 14, 2014

THE BIG ONE Part 2

Tomorrow is Valentine's Day!

The snow began last night around 10 p.m. and it is still snowing here at midnight a day later.  We still had lots of snow and ice from Sunday.

Here it is last night.  Doesn't look too bad right?


And here it is this morning.  This was when we had only 7 or 8 inches.


You can see by the flags how the wind was whipping out there.

As you probably guessed the city was closed today.  I was so glad I didn't have to go into work.  I don't know how I would have gotten there.  It was too bad to drive and even the buses all stopped running.
 
There was a lull in the afternoon where it rained and then stopped.  Some kids came around, knocked on the door and asked to clean off our sidewalk.  I asked them to do the car too.  They did a good job.  After they left Joe went out and put down some salt.



The car is still snowed in.

A few hours later it started to snow again.  We got another couple of inches.  10 inches in all.
My poor patio set.  Will I ever see it again?


My mums are buried and my flag almost.

My poor herb box.  Chives, thyme, parsley, oregano.  Are you still there?
I made vegetable soup for dinner tonight.  I had a can of chicken broth and added potatoes, carrots, an onion and some mini meatballs.  I also made some garlic bread.  It was so good.
 
It stopped snowing for awhile and instead poured rain and sleet.  Now it is snowing again and we are to get another 6 inches overnight.
Just ignore the reflection of the TV in the glass.  I didn't see it until after I downloaded the picture and I'm too lazy to go get another one.

The snow is even sticking to the brick wall of the building across the street.
 So we are in for another long snowy night.  But in spite of it I still have so much to be thankful for -- a warm (well sort of) home, food in my stomach, electricity (7,000 households without), and so much more.  God is good.
----------------------------------------------
Thursday's weather
SNOW!!!!
High:  37 degrees
Low:  24 degrees
Sunrise:  6:56 a.m.
Sunset:  5:34 p.m.
10 hours and 38 minutes of daylight

3 comments:

  1. this winter has been rough, Kathy. glad those kids showed up. I have homeowners crew who clear only the common walkways, have to dig out my car. Stay warm and cozy and Happy Valentine's Day! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the photos! I took a couple of the street & buried cars.I can't believe we're having one storm on top
    of another. I really dislike the icy sleet. We were supposed to go out for brunch,but maybe not.....Russ just said wanna call
    out for a pizza? Ha ha! It's only 10 after 7 am. I haven't even finished my tea yet!
    I LOVE the pics of your yard! Let me paint a different scene for you. Look out your door again & see your plants,
    herbs,grill,ALL of it covered in a soft,white comforter......snuggled in....sleeping safe & protected until spring wakes
    them with a gentle thaw...Looks better now?
    Bless the children who shoveled you out. Sounds like a good day for stew/soup....and biscuits!
    Enjoy your home time with Joe.
    Happy Valentine's Day! Puppy love from 'the Girls'! Kitty cuddles to your felines!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is THE Winter to remember for you guys!
    I'm really admiring the heart in your first picture. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.