Tuesday, February 25, 2014

MANDARIN ORANGE POUND CAKE

We are expecting more snow today, so what better way to keep warm than to get in the kitchen and bake something.  

I volunteered to bring the treat for fellowship time at church this week.  I wanted to make something different, but easy.  So I went through my recipe books and found this.  It turned out so good.


Ingredients:
1 package (16 ounces) pound cake mix
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons orange juice, divided
2 eggs
1/4 cup milk
1 can (15 ounces) mandarin orange segments in light syrup, drained
3/4 cup powdered sugar
Grated peel of 1 orange

Directions:
1.  Preheat oven to 350*F.  Grease 9-inch bundt pan.

2.  Beat cake mix, 1/2 cup orange juice, eggs and milk in large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed 2 minutes or until light and fluffy.  Fold in orange segments.  Pour batter into prepared pan.

3.  Bake 45 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.  Cool in pan 15 minutes on wire rack.  Invert cake onto rack; cool completely.

4.  Combine sugar, orange peel and remaining 2 tablespoons orange juice in small bowl; stir until smooth.  Drizzle glaze over cake.  Allow glaze to set about 5 minutes before serving.

Makes 16 servings

I had difficulty with the glaze.  It was runny and didn't really harden.  I added the orange juice all at once.  If I had it to do over I would add the liquid a little at a time to the powdered sugar until I got the right consistency.  Next time I will.

Enjoy!  Everyone at church did.  It was really good.

Kathy

4 comments:

  1. That looks delicious and I bet even if the glaze was a bit runny it tasted wonderful. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy, That sounds so yummy with a big hot coffee. Hope you and Joe are doing okay . Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kathy! Your cake looks wonderful and thank you for the recipe. I'm sure we'd love this. Thank you for popping in to see me.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kathy, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.