Sunday, February 9, 2014

IT'S ONE OF THOSE DAYS

6 days to Valentine's Day


I hate it when I miss church, but that is just what happened today.  I got up in time, but was still feeling sick to my stomach.  I don't know what happened, but yesterday after I got home from all of my running around, I ate lunch.  After I ate I felt as if I had heartburn and then I started feeling nauseous.  Ever since my stomach surgery I feel this way every now and then.  I laid down for awhile and didn't even eat dinner.  I started feeling better before I went to sleep.

This morning it was all back and I thought if I went to church I would end up being sick all over the place.  And how can you concentrate on what is being said if you are feeling lousy?  So I turned on the computer and spent a lot of time reading blogs.  But after awhile my eyes started going blurry, so I had to stop.  If I didn't get to yours, I will.  It just may take me awhile.

By this afternoon I was feeling much better.  Needless to say I didn't get much done, but that's just the way it goes.

It is snowing again.  Yes, again.  When we didn't get anything other than a few flurries yesterday I thought we were out of danger.  No such luck.  Oh well, what are you going to do?  Time moves so quickly that spring will be here before we know it.

I got out the chicken to make soup, but lost the recipe.  I know it is here somewhere.  And then time got away from me.  So I am going to roast it and use some of those good veggies we got yesterday.  Just as good if not better.

I thought I would show you another picture of little Miss A.  She is helping her daddy write his sermon for today.  Is that not adorable?

She will be a month old on Tuesday.  Where did that month go?  She's so precious.

Got to run and get dinner started and maybe have a chance to watch some of the Olympics tonight.  Until later....
----------------------------------------
Sunday's weather
Snow (1 to 2 inches predicted)
High:  31 degrees
Low:  21 degrees
Sunrise:  7:00 a.m.
Sunset:  5:29 p.m.
10 hours and 29 minutes of daylight
(And still no sunset to photograph)

5 comments:

  1. We still have our foot of snow. Starting to melt. Phil and I walked to Arby's for dinner tonight. I wasn't amused at first but finally got walking so I wouldn't fall. Elmers restaurant and Starbucks, right by it, were closed. Megan and I have been watching some of the Olympics. I need to clean up the kitchen. Leave 15 min early to make it to work on time with the icky streets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you are feeling better, Kathy. It snowed here again too, think we got an inch or two.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miss A is so adorable! I know that photo will have to be one of her daddy's favorites.
    Yes, snow is here...again. Still,it could always be worse. I was coming back from the mall on Saturday & was
    looking out the bus window at the bare trees & ground covered in snow. It looked like chocolate cake covered
    in powered sugar. Guess I'm food oriented,huh? It did appear kind of stark but ....quiet & peaceful too. Maybe
    because I know underneath is an entire new life.....green & pretty just waiting to burst forth! Guess I'm willing to wait.
    Sorry to hear you're not feeling well.I hope you are feeling better very soon.
    Think hyacinths & tulips!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for this lovely comment. Sometimes it's hard to remember that under all the white and cold are beautiful flowers waiting to burst forth.

      Delete
  4. Sweet baby ! I hope you get better Kathy. If this continues, you may want to go to the dr. We have pain as a warning that things are not right. I'll pray for you. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.