Thursday, February 6, 2014

ICE, ICE BABY!

8 days to Valentine's Day
 Aren't these cookies cute?  I want to make cookies for Valentine's Day.  Let's see if I have time.
 
The sun is shining today even though it is very cold.  This is so nice to see.  There have been too many gray days lately.

Yesterday we had an ice storm.  Fortunately the temperatures rose and it turned to rain and washed a lot of the ice and snow away.  Driving home was so much easier than it has been except for all the potholes.  It's like driving through a mine field.  But I'll take it over the ice and snow.

There are over 500,000 households in this area without electricity.  Many trees are down.  God was very good to us and we did not lose power and our house is (semi) warm.

Work was so busy yesterday.  But good news:  after two weeks Information Technology finally fixed our broken computers!  We are very happy.  Did I say we were happy?  Very, very happy.  It was so hard to work without the equipment we needed.

No news yet on when my sister-in-law's funeral is going to be.  All we know is that it is probably sometime next week.  I just hope the weather is good.

I'm going to go get something for breakfast and figure out what to have for dinner tonight.  Something easy because it is my late day at work.  I made some turkey meatballs and they are in the freezer so I am thinking spaghetti and meatballs.  I had meatloaf last night that Joe made and it was so good!  But I am saving the leftovers of that for a sandwich for work tomorrow.  I love meatloaf sandwiches.

Have a good day and stop in tomorrow for a new Friday View.
----------------------------------------
Wednesday's weather
Rain/sleet
High:  37 degrees
Low:  32 degrees
Sunrise:  7:05 a.m.
Sunset:  5:25 p.m.
10 hours and 20 minutes of daylight
I'll take it!
 

7 comments:

  1. Snow and REALLY cold down here in Texas today! We are staying inside excpet to go out and fill the bird feeders! Hope I can get to the doctor's office in the morning!! No hair appointment for Mother tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy,
    I am glad you faired well through the storm. I pray for all those without power. Oh I know what you mean about having quick things to fix when your time is short. That is one reason I love crock-pot meals. I sure made a lot of those for my girls when I worked. Be careful if everything refreezes. We had beautiful sunshine today too. Love it. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love crockpot meals too. I do them if I have time in the morning to put things together.

      Delete
  3. I am sorry to hear your sister in law died. My condolences. We have 2 inches of snow and it's been below freezing all day. We rarely get snow. Supposed to get more. We were busier this evening than expected. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wasn't it a blessing to see the sunshine? I loved it! It didn't seem as cold either. Maybe the sun warmed every-
    thing up. It's still a bit iffy walking in some places. the melted snow refreezes at night & in the morning the ice is so
    sheer you almost can't see it. Very slippery.
    Finally got my girls out for a walk. They were so excited! Sniffing everything. Even my diva lhasa apso was glad to be walking; leftover snow or not. My doodle (poodle/dachund) never saw snow or ice she wouldn't walk in. Even my 21 yr old enjoyed her walk to the corner & back. Great to be out again!
    Stay warm & have a sunny day. Lottsa love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Meat Loaf Sandwich.... oh that sounds so good!
    (Just might have to do something about this!)

    Sorry to hear about your SIL. I pray that you and Joe will be able to attend without any weather problems.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those cookies are just adorable! I cannot believe the cold you all are suffering! It's terrible. I hope it will come to an end soon. Meat loaf sandwiches..one of my very favorites. It's not an easy thing attending a funeral so I hope the weather at least co operates.
    Much love to you..take good care.
    Mona

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.