Monday, February 3, 2014

GROUNDHOG DAY

The groundhog Punxsutawney Phil in Punxsutawney, PA saw his shadow.  Six more weeks of winter.



 The groundhog Nora at the Elmwood Park Zoo in Norristown, PA did not see her shadow.  Winter is almost over.


 I like Nora's prediction better.  And she's been right the last three years.  The forecast here is for 4 to 8 inches of snow tomorrow and freezing rain on Tuesday.  I am so done with this winter.

----------------------------------------
Sunday's weather:
Sunny
High:  57 degrees  (it felt like spring)
Low:  30 degrees
Sunrise:  7:08 a.m.
Sunset:  5:21 p.m. (it was a beautiful sunset)
10 hours and 13 minutes of daylight!



6 comments:

  1. I don't understand how Phil saw his shadow......I didn't see any sun to cast one. I'll stick with Nora too. This is
    getting to be a bit much.The one consolation is the temperatures are a bit warmer. I'll be grateful for that.
    Stay warm & safe,my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess it was sunny out towards Pittsburgh. Yes, at least the temperatures are above freezing. Be careful shoveling your walk. And watch out for the freezing rain predicted for tomorrow.

      Delete
  2. Kathy, I saw on Japolina's site that she was at the beach and saw many people watching the sun come up.......then the rest of us was watching that darn groundhog. :):) That's what I would love to do next year.xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it was a beach without snow I'm all for it.

      Delete
  3. Ugh, 6 more weeks!
    We keep going up and down yesterday 50s today 70 tomorrow 60 then back to the 50s..
    hang in there ..
    I can't wait till spring I am anxious to take Tealyn out.
    xo Marissa.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.