Friday, February 21, 2014

GOOD THINGS

OK, I get the message.  A few days after I said I would stop blogging for awhile good things started happening to me that I kept feeling like I wanted to share with all of you.

The weather is actually getting nicer -- warmer.  Even though it's supposed to get cold again this weekend, I can enjoy some sun and nice days.  And I figure that it's almost March.  The worst has got to be over.  Right?  Yes?  Please?

I saw the surgeon Thursday for my three-month checkup.  She said everything was looking wonderful and I don't see her again until September.  Unless I need to, of course.  But I don't think I will need to since things are going so good.  I just have to keep massaging the scar tissue to minimize it.  But I have quite a supply of wonderfully scented body lotions to use so that it is no chore to do that.  Right now I'm using one called Winter Vanilla that I got at Target.  It smells just like vanilla too.

Also at work yesterday I am running around and I see my boss talking with a man.  They call me over.  He tells me he is a magician and asks me to help him.  I LOVE magicians.  


He tells the story of Rapunzel as he takes a piece of rope and ties it in knots like a ladder.  He said that was the ladder Rapunzel made with her hair for the prince to climb up to her in her tower.  Then, of course, the witch finds out and cuts her hair (he cuts the rope at the knots).  So now the rope is in one piece but with knots on it.  But hair grows so now she is back to normal.  He shakes the rope, the knots fall on the floor and the rope is in one piece.  He gave me the rope.

The second trick he did was have me link my hands together, tied a scarf on my wrist, then told me to do three things.  Keep my hands together, watch him like a hawk, and think magical thoughts.  I know about magicians distracting you so I was determined to keep my eyes on the scarf.  But he asked me a question, I looked at him, and bam the scarf was off of me and in his hand, still knotted.  He asked me how he did that and I said I was thinking "magical thoughts."  He laughed.  We are hoping to get enough money to hire him to do a program for the kids in a few months.

As I said, things are getting better.  Work is distracting.  Life is settling into a normal pace.  I am beginning to plan for the future.  God is good.  God's blessings in my life continue to amaze me.  The world, such as it is, goes on.  So does my blog.

Kathy
-------------------------------------------------------------
Thursday's weather
Sunny
High: 53 degrees
Low:  29 degrees (a few days ago this was our high!)
Sunrise:  6:46 a.m.
Sunset:  5:42 p.m.
10 hours and 56 minutes of daylight

8 comments:

  1. I'm liking this post, very much.
    You sound good and that makes me happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am much better Christine. Thank you for caring so much. You are a good friend.

      Delete
  2. Kathy, Our Lord made you much stronger than you ever realized. See how you can spring back after being so low. You are right God is good. May He bless you. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is all His grace, Susie. I usually bounce back kind of quickly, but this threw me for a loop. I guess it is because now MY generation is beginning to die off.

      Delete
  3. Oh,Kathy first of all I am so sorry to hear about Joes sister .. Had to scroll down to catch up with you.
    I have been so busy with baby that have not turned on my computer.
    I am happy that the weather is getting so much better and that your doctor gave you a clear until September. God is good!!
    and you sound like you had fun at work with the magicians !!
    keep writing.>:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice, uplifting post from you today, Kathy. That was good news from the doctor. My youngest son is a trained magician and won't tell me any of his tricks! lol He did it for a while in Reno but came home to marry the love of his life and start his family. He now does simple tricks for his little boy. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your post gave me the warm fuzzies. God's grace IS amazing & new every day. I am so
    glad you're back & with good news! Glad to hear you got 'all clear' for awhile. Lotions really are
    mood lifters,aren't they? I favor lavender & powder scents.
    I'm glad the magician picked you. That was a God moment,He's letting you know that
    He's watching over you.....kinda like a God-hug!
    I'm off to a PSPCA event today! Love you lots!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I Love magic and used to have one of those little magic sets as a child. I think the belief that magic is real and not just a trick of movement is the best part of all. The mystery is wonderful.
    I hope you are able to employ them for the children.
    Like you, I went through illness and surgery a few years ago..and still have up's and down but mostly "ups" thank heavens! I am glad you are on the mend.
    You will enjoy a tiny garden of Fairies in your herb garden..how sweet it will be. You really must try. :) I would never have thought to use herbs..how wonderful!
    Love,
    Mona

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.