Friday, February 7, 2014

FRIDAY VIEW -- LARRY'S PHOTOS

7 days till Valentine's Day
I worked at the Fishtown Branch today.  That means for the first time in four weeks I have Saturday off.  That's very nice.  I actually get two days in a row at home.

It was very slow today.  I like slow Fridays.  It sort of eases me into the weekend.

We are getting more snow tomorrow and Sunday.  *sigh*  I think I will be cleaning the house, getting caught up on dishes and laundry, and trying to get all my Valentine's Day decorations up.  Maybe I'll get energized enough to make some chicken soup.

For your Friday view today I thought I would show you some more of the photos my brother Larry took at Longwood Gardens on New Year's Day.  I showed you the inside shots last month, so let me show you the outside ones.


This is a bell tower with beautiful caroline bells that ring every hour





I love this little gazebo







I haven't been to Longwood Gardens in many years, but I'm hoping to get there this summer.  It's a beautiful place.
-----------------------------------------------
Friday weather:
Fair
High:  36 degrees
Low:  20 degrees
Sunrise: 7:03 a.m.
Sunset:  5:27 p.m.
10 hours and 24 minutes of daylight
Another beautiful sunset that I didn't get a picture of because I was driving home.  Hopefully I can get one to show you tomorrow.


 

4 comments:

  1. Kathy, I have been thinking of you. We are having about 1-2 inches of snow today and may a bit more tomorrow..gaaaa!
    I love those photos you have posted. Is that garden near by? I am about at the end of my rope...cabin fever girl. I need to get out longer than just to get groceries or shovel the driveway. Take care and have a great weekend, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susie, I hope you get less rather than more of the snow.

      Longwood Gardens is about an hour from here. I can never find it -- always get lost when I go. But I'm still going to try.

      I know what you mean about cabin fever. It's just work and home for me. You have a good weekend too! Stay warm!

      Delete
  2. Hi Kathy.....
    Glad you had a few days off♥️
    Those photos are awesome....great photographer! And...an excellent camera!
    Still waiting for some sun down here......geesh!
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Larry really has an eye with his camera!
    Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.