Wednesday, February 12, 2014

FAMOUS PEOPLE JOE HAS MET -- STEVEN TYLER

Rather than focus on the major snow storm headed our way beginning tonight (10-12 inches predicted), I thought I would give you another segment in the continuing series of famous people Joe has met.  As I said before, Joe has met more famous people than anyone I know.

Today I want to tell you about the time he met not only Steven Tyler, but all of Aerosmith.
  
Joe was down the shore with some friends of his and they were sitting at an outside restaurant dock having lunch.  They saw a motorboat coming their way with a group of guys in it.  The boat pulled up to where they were sitting and one of the guys that Joe recognized as Steven Tyler shouted at them asking where the nearest refueling station was because they were almost out of gas.  Joe and his friends said they didn't know and called a waitress over to give them directions.

Joe had ordered a bucket filled with ice and some bottles of beer.  He said to them that they looked thirsty and asked if they wanted some beer.  The group in the boat all said yes and Joe threw some bottles to them.  He said Steven Tyler started talking to him and he was really nice and personable.

By this time the waitress had given them directions to the fueling station that was nearby, in fact they could see it from where they were.  They thanked her and headed off, got halfway there, ran out of gas, and had to paddle with their hands the rest of the way there.

 
------------------------------------------
Tuesday's weather:
Sunny
High:  27 degrees
Low:  15 degrees  (brrr...)
Sunrise:  6:58 a.m.
Sunset:  5:32 p.m.
10 hours and 34 minutes of daylight
It's getting longer!

3 comments:

  1. I agree,Kathy. That story was much better than the weather. While a hat trick in hockey or grand slam in baseball
    is something really great,I don't think the 'three' rule applies to weather (snow/ice/rain).
    Russ gave me the most beautiful Valentine card ever! I keep rereading it over & over. I guess some cards are like that...
    Stay safe,my friend . And warm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!!
    Joe is LUCKY!
    Maybe he should play the lottery more often.
    Aerosmith is one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to meet you, kathy!
    Blessings :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.