Thursday, January 2, 2014

HAPPY NEW YEAR


Happy New Year! I hope you all had a wonderful day welcoming in 2014.  It was a rather low key day for me and I spent a lot of it asleep.  But that was what I needed.

Joe and I stayed up to welcome the new year in.  We never go out (too many crazy people on the streets) but try to have our own little party.  We were still full from dinner, so we didn't have a lot to eat after all.  But we did have crackers and cheese, apples, chips and iced tea.  It wasn't colorful, but it did taste good.
Snowy finally came up from the basement.  She has been living in the crawl space there for days, ever since she got scared last Saturday. She's been coming up to eat only when no one is around and then running down and hiding again.  I was so glad to see her.  She was so dusty and dirty.  I combed her out and got rid of a lot of it.

Meanwhile, Jenny glared at us from the stairway and refused to come down.

Like I said, we don't go out but watched the fireworks from Penn's Landing on TV.  There is a barge put on the Delaware River between Philadelphia and Camden, NJ and this is where the fireworks are shot from.  People gather on both sides of the river.  It's always great.  (And it's been years since I watched the ball drop in Times Square.  Philly rules.)


Sort of blurry, but you can see the barge in the river.








Yesterday besides sleeping, I had my friends Carole and Walt over for dinner.  I had gotten a recipe off of Rachael Ray's site that I thought sounded quick and easy.  It said that it would take only 30 minutes.  So don't know what I did, but it took me over an hour to make and everyone was starving.  But it did turn out good.  It was a pork roast with apples and onions.  I think I would make it again, but this time allowing a lot more time and know what I'm doing.  I also made some pumpkin pies for dessert.  I ended up with three of them and gave one to my neighbors.  I made it with Splenda so that Joe could eat it.  It didn't taste exactly the same, but was still good.

I took down a lot of my Christmas decorations.  There are still so many more to go.  That is the only trouble with decorating -- undecorating!  But I figure that by Sunday I should be finished.

Do you make New Year's Resolutions?  I don't.  Haven't for years.  But this year I decided to make some "goals."  Resolutions are so easily broken.  My goals are 1) to be more consistent in my daily devotions; 2) to study more and live closer to God; 3) to get my house in order (it is a mess!).

I have to get off of here and get ready to take my car into the garage to have those tires looked at again!  Then it's on to work till 8 p.m.  The weather is supposed to turn bitterly cold (6 degrees before the wind chill) and lots of snow.  I am not looking forward to that.  At least it's a short week.
 -------------------------------------
Wednesday's weather:
Partly cloudy
High:  40 degrees
Low:  24 degrees
Sunrise:  7:22 a.m.
Sunset:  4:46 p.m.
9 hours and 24 minutes of daylight
Slowly but surely the days are getting longer!
Sunrise on Wednesday, January 1, 2014

1 comment:

  1. Cheese & crackers looks great! Yum! Glad you got Snowy groomed a bit. Jenny is at least on the stairs. That is progress of a sort.If there was total fear or
    hate,they would attack each other.I pray it'll all work itself out.
    Stay warm,Kathy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.