Wednesday, January 15, 2014

CLOUDS

It has been very cloudy here lately.  I'd love to see a nice sunny day for a change, so hopefully it will be today.

I've also been enjoying my new camera.  I am loving learning about all the different settings and things I can do with it.  I have learned a lot, but I'm sure there is still a lot more to do that I haven't figured out yet.  (The zoom is fantastic and the pictures are really clear!)

On Saturday Debbie and I were at Shop Rite and a storm was rolling in.  I grabbed my camera and got these shots just before it began pouring.



And the other morning I was able to change this picture:

Into this with a warm setting:

The zoom is incredible and the pictures turn out so sharp and clear.
The tree across the street from me and the Tacony-Palmyra Bridge in the background.  Yes, I'm that close to the Delaware River.

 
I'm going to have fun with this.

On a side note, Snowy came through her extractions just fine.  She had to have 5 teeth removed (all on the same left side) and when they cleaned the teeth on the right side they were all perfect.  Go figure.  She comes home tomorrow and has to eat wet food for the next two weeks until she heals, then it's back to normal eating both wet and dry.  I know she will feel so much better when she is all healed up.  Next it is Jenny's turn to go so the vet can look at the lump growing on her tummy.

====================================
Tuesday's weather:
Cloudy/light rain
High:  53 degrees
Low:  42 degrees  (what a difference from the last few weeks!)
Sunrise:  7:21 a.m.
Sunset:  4:58 p.m.
9 hours and 37 minutes of daylight  (Yes!)
Sunrise on Tuesday, January 14, 2014
 

4 comments:

  1. Good for Snowy!
    Our dog had 13 teeth abstracted all at once. That was a hard one.

    A new camera is exciting! Look out Larry! You now have competition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy.....
    Your pictures are great....you will have so much fun with it.....flower season is just around the corner!
    My son's cat has diabetes, and is having a bunch of teeth out this Friday.....not very nice :o(
    Hope Snowy heals well...♥️
    Enjoy the rest of your week...hope you get dome sunshine!
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your photos showed how dark it was. It was kinda scary! I love the warm setting on your camera. wouldn't it be nice
    if we could view each day through that lens? Enjoy discovering all your camera can do!
    I will keep positive thoughts for Jenny,that's it's only a cyst & nothing major. Feel better soon,Snowy!
    Have a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy, I thought only Texas got sky's like that..
    I love it when it get's dark like that...well, only sometimes..

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.