Friday, January 31, 2014

CHINESE NEW YEAR

Welcome to the year of the Horse!

Google image
People born in the year of the horse are said to act a bit like horses -- annimated, active and energetic.  They love being in a crowd and are quick to learn independence.  They have a straightforward and positive attitude toward life.  They are known for their communication skills and are very witty.
The lucky colors of the horse are green, red and purple.  The lucky numbers are 3, 4, and 9.
The year of the horse is supposedly one in which people will stand firm on their principles making negotiation difficult.
Famous people born in the year of the horse are Genghis Khan, Franklin D. Roosevelt, Louis Pasteur, Neil Armstrong, Aretha Franklin and Cindy Crawford.

Of course all this means nothing, but it is a bit of fun.


Last night was New Year's Eve in Chinatown with the big Lion Parade.  I wanted to go but it began at 11:30 p.m. and I had to get up for work today.  Maybe someday.

Picture of the lion from last night's parade.
Another picture of the lion dance from the parade.

The horse.

We were going to go out for dinner tonight, but were both too tired.  Instead we ordered out from the Chinese restaurant a block from us.  We got egg rolls, fried dumplings and pork lo mein (all "lucky" foods).  So good.

Now I'm going to try to do a few things before bedtime.  Another day of work tomorrow.

Until later...
-------------------------------------
Friday's weather:
Partly cloudy
High:  46 degrees  (a heat wave!)
Low:  28 degrees
Sunrise:  7:10 a.m.
Sunset:  5:18 p.m.
10 hours and 8 minutes of daylight
Loving it!  I can watch the sunsets on the way home from work.

1 comment:

  1. I wish I could go to the parade.... As a lion lover,I adore the costumes! I was volunteering at the Zoo one spring when
    one of the Chinese dance troupes did a brief performance. There were 6 different lion heads! I forget what the meaning of each one was,just that it was beautiful.....
    I agree about more light during the day. It used to make me feel like some kind of vampire or something. I'd leave for
    work in the dark (5:30am) and come home in the dark (5pm). It made for a loooooong day.
    Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.