Sunday, December 29, 2013

THE LAST OF THE FIFTIES

Saturday was the last day I will be 59.  Tomorrow it's the big 6-0.  It makes me feel very old.

My family took me out for lunch/dinner today.  I asked to go to the Country Club.  I love their food there.  I had my favorite -- chicken francaise and it was so good.  At the end Joe had them bring out a cake with a lit candle and the staff sang to me.  


It is my birthday on Sunday and my brother Larry's birthday on Friday so everyone paid for both of our dinners.  That was so nice.

Of all things I didn't have my camera with me.  I asked Larry to take a couple of pictures on his phone.  He did and sent them to me.

Too bad Larry's not in this picture.  L to R:  Kim (my sister-in-law), Joe, me, Elaine, Carole and Walt.

Joe attacking a chicken.
 My sister, Elaine, drove 2 hours down here, ate, and headed back for another 2 hour drive.  Larry and Kim came from King of Prussia about 45 minutes away.  So I felt very blessed and loved that they were willing to do this.  I was originally planning on having a big party, but this was so much better.

Me and Elaine as she is getting ready to leave for home.
-----------------------------------------
Saturday's weather
Partly cloudy
High:  57 degrees
Low:  25 degrees
Sunrise:  7:22 a.m.
Sunset: 4:42 p.m.
9 hours and 20 minutes of daylight
Sunrise on Saturday, December 28, 2013

12 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! 60 is the new 30,enjoy!! That is a lovely picture of you & Elaine.
    I think the gift of having everyone travel to do this would have brought tears to my eyes. Actions do speak louder than words & this would have touched me more than anything I could have opened....
    I wish you the happiest,most joyful and fun filled birthday ever!! From my heart to yours,celebrate you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Deb. It was very special to have the people closest to me there.

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday--I hope it's a happy and healthy year for you filled with good memories. Fondly, Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Carolyn. I really appreciate it.

      Delete
  3. Ahhh what a wonderful way to celebrate, with the ones you love.
    Don't worry about being 60, really it isn't all that bad. Besides, you don't even look it!
    Happy Birthday, prayers for a great year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Christine. I've always looked young for my age, so maybe people will think I'm 50? The good thing about being 60 is now I can retire. LOL.

      Delete
  4. It was our pleasure to come out and enjoy the afternoon with you. We truly had a terrific time. Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 60 is the new 40! We baby boomers will be forever young, so they say! Happy Birthday, and wishing you a year of good health, much happiness, and prosperity . Also jumbo, but your sister is too pretty to be single. Also, I will be turning 60 in August.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Forever young. I'll go for that. Yes, my sister is very pretty. She was married but you know how that goes. Glad I'll have company this year in the 60 year club.

      Delete
  6. This stupid iPad, I typed JMHO and it turned it to jumbo! I hate this thing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.