Tuesday, December 31, 2013

NEW YEAR'S EVE





Just how did this year pass so quickly?  Doesn't it seem as if it was just 2012?  It does to me.  And now it is moving right along to the next year.

So much has happened this year and yet it seems so short.  So many of the months seemed as if they were a week long.  And a week's worth of vacation seemed just a few days in length.

There were bad parts of the year, but so much good also.  There was a lot of sickness in this year -- two surgeries for me and a broken shoulder for Joe.  But there was also trips down to the shore, Sister's week in July, our 7th anniversary in September, Thanksgiving in Lancaster County, and a great Christmas just last week along with a terrific 60th birthday celebration.  And I got adopted by Snowy!  You just have to take the bad with the good.  That's what makes up life.  But God is always there to walk through life with me.

I spent the day working at the Fishtown Branch.  All of their Library Assistants were off for the day so it was just me.  But it was such a slow day that really wasn't a problem.  We are getting out at 3 p.m. again today, so it's not even a long day. 

It  is bitterly cold and expected to get even colder over the next few days.  I hate the cold.  But again, this makes me appreciate the warmth even more.

We went to Shop Rite after work to pick up just a few things for tonight and tomorrow.  We are about to treat ourselves to some veggie egg rolls, meatballs, chips, cheese and apples and toast the new year in with some iced tea.  Tomorrow we have our big dinner with our friends Carole and Walt.  I'm looking forward to that and the Mummers' Parade.  What would New Year's Day be in Philly without the Mummers?

So as this year runs down I want to thank all of my readers for your kindness and support this past year as I changed everything (including my blog).  You are the best!  I really appreciate all of you and hope you will join me in 2014 for some more of my adventures.

-----------------------------------------
Today's weather:
Cloudy
High:  38 degrees
Low:  26 degrees
Sunrise:  7:22 a.m.
Sunset:  4:45 p.m.
9 hours and 23 minutes of daylight

Sunrise on Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Sunrise on Tuesday, December 31, 2013

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't have said it better. Each year has its good & bad,ups and downs. I like to think (hope!) that I learn what not to do again. Okay,maybe I learn it the hard way...
    I will admit I'd forgotten some of what you'd (and I myself) have gone through. Was all that in 2013?? Wow! By God's mercy most of it blurs in the
    rearview mirror of time...I realized New year's 'resolutions' is not the best word
    for most of us. Let us call them "hopes". To hope looks towards the future with a happy heart. My 2014 'hope' is to be more charitable to everyone. Not in money,per se, but in my time,patience,assistance & caring.Do you have a hope for 2014?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.