Friday, December 13, 2013

FRIDAY VIEWS


Hope you are all having a wonderful Friday.  The weekend is almost here and I actually have Saturday off this week.  We have had Saturday hours for 10 weeks now and I have worked for 8 of them.  It will be good to be home two days in a row.

I had good news at the doctor's yesterday.  I thought I had pink eye and here it is just allergies.  I guess I'd better stop diagnosing myself.  I got antihistimine eye drops and the eye has cleared up a lot.  I think it's the new eye makeup I got.  That seems to be when the itching, redness, etc. started.  So into the trash that goes.  I have to stick with my tried and true and not buy the bargain stuff.

Good news at the oncologist too.  Everything is looking A-OK.  So it was a good doctor day.

I did end up taking the day off as a sick day.  By the time I got out of all my appointments, drove home, got something to eat, it was after 4 p.m.  I just used the rest of the day to do cleaning, make a great meatloaf for dinner, and spend time with Joe.

Off to Fishtown today.  It will be an easy day at the library.  When it is not your home branch you don't have all the little extra things to do.  So it's always an easy day.

For your Friday View today I wanted to show you the houses on Greeby Street which is in the next neighborhood over from mine.  We haven't gotten there this year, but hope to this weekend if the snow isn't too bad.  It's supposed to be another major snowstorm on Saturday.  (Another reason I'm glad not to be going to work on Saturday.)  These snowy ones are from December 9th and were posted on facebook.  I don't see how you can get much nicer than this block.












 Have a good Friday everyone.  Hopefully I'll have more decorating pictures tomorrow.  It's getting closer to being done.  Christmas is getting closer too.  Oh my!
--------------------------------
Thursday's weather
Partly cloudy
High:  28 degrees
Low:  23 degrees (brrrr!!!!)
Sunrise:  7:13 a.m.
Sunset:  4:35 p.m.
9 hours and 22 minutes of daylight

5 comments:

  1. Those lights are unbelievable! Looking at them can really put you in a holiday mood.
    Happy that the Dr. had good news for you.
    Now go and enjoy your two days off. You deserve them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy, So glad for your good news. Wow that's a lot of decorating, lots to see and enjoy. Take care this weekend, we are in for some snow also. xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a lot of lights...WOW! I love driving around to look at lights and we haven't done that yet. I'm glad you have a day off and hope you enjoy your weekend! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Christmas decorating! I can just imagine their electric bills. Lol. So worth it. Also very glad you got good reports at the doctors. A good Christmas gift for sure. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy,happy on the doctor reports!! Glad the eye was only allergy.Anything
    dealing with the eyes is so annoying...
    LOVE the lights! I could stare at them forever.there are times I thought if I had a lawn (or porch) I'd get one of those inflatable snow globes. To watch the snow blowing.....Yes, i may be one of the few people who doesn't mind the snow,as long as the temp isn't too cold. I love walking in the big,soft fluffiness...not the ice/sleet.
    Enjoy your time off! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.