Tuesday, December 17, 2013

CHRISTMAS POEMS -- 'I', SAID THE DONKEY






'I,' said the donkey, all shaggy and brown,
'Carried his mother all into the town,
Carried her uphill, carried her down.
I,' said the donkey, all shaggy and brown.

'I,' said the cow, with spots of red,
'Gave him hay for to rest his head,
Gave a manger for his bed.
I,' said the cow, with spots of red.

'I,' said the sheep, with twisted horn,
'Gave my wool for to keep him warm,
Gave my coat on Christmas morn.
I,' said the sheep with twisted horn.

'I,' said the dove from the rafters high,
'Cooed him to sleep with a lullaby,
Cooed him to sleep my mate and I.
I,' said the dove from the rafters high.

Anonymous

3 comments:

  1. Kathy, never heard this poem before, so cute! I really enjoyed reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did you come across this? Love it! Animals seem to mentioned quite a bit with the life of Jesus....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deb, it is a very old song. I learned it in elementary school. I'm surprised you didn't know it.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.