Friday, December 20, 2013

CHRISTMAS PARTY AND A FRIDAY OFF

You might remember yesterday I told you that we were going to have a party at work.  Well, lunch more like.  I even showed you a couple of pictures of the set up.


 That was Wednesday.  Thursday it looked like this.

There was a little bit of everything -- fresh fruit and veggies with dip, salty snacks, cupcakes, cheesecake, pizza, my hoagie salad, pasta salad, soda, juice, candy, brownies.  I could go on and on.  We put on some Christmas music (very softly) and ate all day.  I mean, all day.  We'd eat, do a little bit of work, eat, go on the front desk, eat...  Well, you get the idea.  We talked to each other, laughed and just had a good time.  The morale has been really low, so this was a nice time to give us a little boost.

There was a lot of food left over and it was put away for Saturday.  I won't have to bring my lunch.

I put my car into the garage this morning to have it inspected.  Since it is so difficult to get it there, I told them everything I've been having trouble with and they are checking everything out.  Better to make one trip and pay for it all at once than have to go back again and again.

Carole picked me up and we went to get my driver's license renewed.  I just took the first picture that was taken of me.  I'm not going to be a diva and it was o...kay....  If you know what I mean.  So now that is done for another four years.

I just lit a Christmas pine candle and it is starting to smell really good in the house.  We have a fake tree and I miss the smell of a real tree.  This is the next best thing.

Jenny and Snowy are still not getting along.  I suppose I am too anxious for the cats to be together and playing.  The vet doesn't want them to be together until he tests Snowy for feline leukemia and feline HIV so I guess it's for the best.  We have an appointment for Snowy for December 28th.  She is such a good cat.  Our Jenny is loveable and is also a good cat, but she has never been a "cuddle" cat.  I'm glad to have a cat that wants to be with me.  I took pictures of them and I'll try to post them tomorrow.  I haven't downloaded them yet.

We are still having trouble with our new heater.  Last night when I got home from work Joe said it wasn't acting right.  I got him to call the plumber who came out even though it was 9:30 p.m.  It turns out we have a bad thermostat so it's never calling for any heat.  That's why it's been so cold in here.  They are coming back today to give us a new one.  I'm glad I have the fire going.  It's keeping things warm in this room anyhow.

Today I am going to get some gifts wrapped and some cards out.  I am determined.  I might even bake some cookies if I have time.  So I am going to get off of here and get some things done.

Ham steak for dinner tonight with sweet potato fries and some veggie that I will figure out.  A good, but quick meal.

Until later....
========================
Thursday's weather
Sunny
High:  46 degrees  (a little warmer than it has been)
Low:  23 degrees
Sunrise:  7:18 a.m.
Sunset:  4:37 p.m.
9 hours and 19 minutes of daylight
Sunrise Thursday, December 19, 2013

2 comments:

  1. Who could possibly turn away from all that deliciousness? Something for everyone! Really pretty too.
    It's great you're having Snowy checked out. The vet is right to advise waiting. Sometimes even the animals know what's best. Be patient.
    Glad to hear it was only the thermostat. Could have been worse.Not that anything should have been wrong in the first place with it being new.... guess every once in awhile there's a 'glitch' in life.
    It's Saturday & gotta go get ready for the PSPCA.Fee waived adoptions.I pray for each home to be the furever home for that animal.
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had our Christmas party at work this Thurs. Lots of food as always. Our boss has some goodies from Safeway then all the workers bring something. Oh wow, it's all good! This year we had a secret santa drawing and we got our gifts that day. I think the mood was the cheeriest of all the years we had the party. Fun! I brought home some leftovers and gave some to Phil since I always get to go to his work party. Ours is always at work which is fine. I didn't feel like eating much today but we ate dinner anyway. Been to Dennys 2x this week for birthday people...husband and daughter...free grand slam on your day. Fun! I like eating there anyway! Take care and Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.