Tuesday, October 1, 2013

THIS ISN'T WHAT I PLANNED

Well, folks, I got jealous of Joe and ended up in the Emergency Room myself on Sunday.  (He didn't take pictures of me though -- ha, ha.)

It all started on Friday night.  When I went to bed, I laid on my stomach and my breast where I just had the surgery started to hurt.  I figured I was laying on a wrinkle in my pj top or in the sheet so I moved and the pain went away and I went to sleep.

When I woke up on Saturday, my whole breast was swollen, red, hot to the touch and extremely PAINFUL!!!  I called the surgeon, got her answering service, but she didn't call back.  Then I called my family doctor and he ordered me an antibiotic to carry me over the weekend and told me to get in touch with the surgeon on Monday.  I carried on with the rest of my day -- cleaning, food shopping, laundry.  But the pain persisted and when I took my temperature it was around 101*.  I had been looking forward to the Fall Festival at Greensgrow Farm but felt way too sick to go.

Sunday was Harvest Day at church.  We were accepting new members, having a congregational luncheon, then in the afternoon a cookout, games, live music and a live streaming of the Harvest Crusade with Greg Laurie.  I was looking forward to it so much.  But instead of going to church I was so sick that I went to the Emergency Room.  They gave me IV antibiotics, did an ultrasound and took x-rays.  The fluid coming from my incision that I thought was puss, isn't.  It's fluid from the surgery.  Everyone tells me that the fact that it's draining is a good thing.  It has to get out.  There's quite a bit of it and it needs to all drain.  They were able to get ahold of my surgeon and she told them not to put a drain in, she needed to see it first.

I was sent home with bandages, but had to go back to the hospital yesterday to see the surgeon.  I got more antibiotics, and I need to let it drain for two weeks then go back to see her.  Hopefully I will not need more surgery.  The surgery would not be nice.

So that's my sad story.  I just took my temperature and I still am running a fever.  I have no time left, so if I take off from work today I will not get paid.  But I think I am going to anyway.  I feel so bad.

I'll end on a happier note.  I saw this on the way home from work the other day and I was at a red light so I was able to get a picture.  Yes, Halloween will be here before we know it.  Can you imagine it's October already?

Inflatible decoration where the ghosts flap in the breeze.  Cool!

Partly CloudyMonday -- Partly cloudy
High:  75 degrees
Low:  50 degrees
Sunrise:  6:56 a.m.
Sunset:  6:44 p.m.

14 comments:

  1. Kathy, Kathy, Kathy!
    I hurt for you, too.
    I hope you know that I am praying for you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Christine. I appreciate all your prayers. You are such a dear, sweet friend.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for your nice comment on my blog. Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Elizabeth. I love your blog. I'll have to visit it more often.

      Delete
  3. Love the inflated ghost! Know you are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Debbie. Yes, it's really cute. It's at Richmond and Castor if you want to see it for yourself.

      Delete
  4. Oh no, sorry to hear your having a tough time recovering
    Prayers for you my friend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Angie. Your prayers are GREATLY appreciated. You are such a good friend.

      Delete
  5. Kathy, Do you ever get a break ??? I can not believe what all you have gone through, yourself and your husband. I will keep you in y prayers. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you went on and had some medical help! You and Joe seem to take turns! Glad you're not both down at the same time! THAT would not be good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, this time we ARE both down at the same time. Joe still has a broken shoulder and not able to use his right arm. I am in pain and having a hard time doing anything. We are quite a pair!

      Delete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.