Thursday, October 3, 2013

I'M GOING TO TRY GOING BACK TO WORK TODAY...

...after spending most of this week in the hospital.  First the ER, then the surgeon.  On Tuesday I saw a stitch emerge, called the surgeon's office and the tech told me to come in on Wednesday.  So after taking Joe to the hospital for his visit to the Orthopedic doctor and his primary doctor, I came home and went to my surgeon.  The tech examined me and said the stitch was gone.  She was going to cut it out, but it must have fallen out itself.  So as the incision continues to drain, my breast continues to get better.  Such a time.

I was going to go back to get Joe, but I started getting a severe headache, stomach pains and throwing up.  I called our friend, Carole, and she went down to get him.  My doctor had already left for the day so after my stomach settled down I just had some tea and crackers.  There's a stomach virus going around here and I have a feeling I got a touch of that.  Spending so much time in the hospital there is no telling what I could have picked up.

My blog seems to be all about sickness lately.  And it's funny because that's why I started this blog.  I was about to have major surgery and was tired of repeating myself over and over to people, so just told them to read the blog.  Then I only had to say it once.  People want to know what's going on, want to help, but it's nerve wracking to say over and over that you are having major surgery, and this is what's wrong with you.

So as I said I am feeling better today and decided to go back to work.  I am working Saturday so I have off tomorrow.  I thought this would be a good way to ease myself in.  I am not going to overdo anything today.  I couldn't anyway because I am still in a lot of pain.

At least the weather is beautiful.  It's been up in the 80s and I'm loving it.  It's the best of both worlds to me -- the beauty of fall and the heat of summer.  Who could ask for more?

I am thinking of retiring the end of the year when I turn 60.  Even though I love what I do, I just feel as if my health will not let me go on.  It would be a very large pay cut to my pension and I will be too young to go on Social Security, but maybe I can do a part-time job in the neighborhood that isn't too hard.  We have lots of businesses here.  It's worth a try anyway.

I have to run and get ready for work.  It's my late day (11:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.).   Joe's visiting nurse will be here in about an hour so I need to straighten up the living room, get a load of dishes in the dishwasher and hang the wash I put in the machine.  It never ends, does it?

Until later...

SunnyWednesday 10/2 -- sunny
High:  85 degrees
Low:  59 degrees
Sunrise:  6:58 a.m.
Sunset:  6:40 a.m.

13 comments:

  1. No, it doesn't!! Housework is something you do that no one notices unless you DON'T do it!! Sometimes it's easier to live with less money and more time. It works for us.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so true, Linda. We just have to get our ducks in a row so we can survive!

      Delete
  2. I agree, there is no price on time, a precious commodity. I am sure there are ways to cut back further, I cannot believe how much I cut back and don't even miss things. Hoping you are both feeling better. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with Barbara.. I left my job after 12 years but traveling on 3 public transportation (2 hrs each way!) It cut income 40% but etc.It helps I am blessed with a non-picky husband!
      I don't miss the misc things. I've gotten quite creative with dinners
      based on rice,pasta,ground beef

      Delete
  3. We are both feeling better, thanks Barbara. We are pretty bare bones now in our life. The house is our main problem because it is old and needs lots of work (which takes lots of money).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are feeling better. I am as well, even though I woke up almost as tired as I was when I went to bed. Glad it's my Friday today. We had sunshine this afternoon. Nice for the next few days,no rain, which is a change. Cutting costs is no fun and I will be praying for you. Sometimes you get in a health slump too and will be praying you pull out of it soon, it can happen!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Becky, Prayers help. Isn't it nice we are having a beautiful fall?

      Delete
  5. I'm so glad to hear your feeling better. I swear I just don't know how you take care of Joe and yourself. You must be exhausted. I think retiring would be a good thing for you. I know financially though it will be tough. My Mom is going through the whole retirement and waiting on her disability thing right now. They are about to starve her out. It's sad when you put so many years in working and can't get assistance after your no longer able to do it.

    Enjoy your weather! We are supposed to hit the 80's all weekend long!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are in the 80s all weekend too. Isn't it great?

      Yeah, we work all our lives and then the government and our employers don't want to give us the money we put into our retirement. I hope your mom gets things straightened out.

      Delete
  6. Houses can eat up a lot of income. Eventually it all gets caught up.
    I'm glad to hear you're doing better. I agree. Take it one step (day) at a time handling what you can. I understand about you wanting to retire soon. Leaving my job dropped us 40% but by God's mercy, grace & providing we are making it. I agree with Barbara. After awhile,you stop missing things.
    Lottsa love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for helping me take one step at a time. You are a good friend.

      Delete
  7. Kathy, I hate all the things you and Joe are going through. You are right....you could have gotten a germ from being at the drs. and hospital. I would like to be your mom here for just a minute...if you are seriously thinking of retiring. ...make a budget and work sheet. You need to know about your income and your outgo...my sister is having a time...I don't know what she thought she'd get from soc.sec. , when she didn't work that many years. Now she's complaining of not having any extra to spend. Your mind set will need adjusting for retirement. I wish you the very best, I truly do. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susie, I already went to my all day retirement seminar that the city gives its employees and have the budget all set. I know exactly what I will be getting. When I get my two pensions and my Social Security I will be bringing home $600 - $700 more per month than I make by working. Since we haven't gotten raises in 6 years and probably will not for another 4 at least, I have no chance of making more money by working. I've worked many, many years (about 40+) so my Social Security is quite good.

      As for my mind set, I'm already retired. I hate going to work and love being at home taking care of my husband and my house. Some people are just not cut out to work outside the home every day.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.