Thursday, October 31, 2013

HALLOWEEN

Happy Halloween everyone!  I hope you all have had a nice day.

After I wrote my post this morning I laid down and went back to sleep and slept through the alarm clock!  I got to work on time, but just barely.

The library was so dead today.  Almost no one came in.  At 3:00 some of us put on costumes to wait for the kids, but about 10 kids came in and that was it.  Sort of sad.  But we got a lot of work done.

Of course I got some pictures for you.


I took an hour off tonight to help Joe hand out candy to the kids.  We never get a lot.  Tonight we got about 25 or 30.  The little ones are so cute.  We sit out on the front step along with our next-door neighbor, Chrissy, and talk in between groups of kids.

Joe handing out the candy.

I put a lit jack-o-lantern in the flowers.  Don't worry, it was a battery operated candle.
 So now the last trick-or-treater is gone.  The door is closed on the spooky night.  And the holidays have begun.  At least in my mind.  It's been a good day.

-------------------------------
Mostly cloudy
High:  71 degrees (nice!)
Low:  63 degrees
Sunrise:  7:29 a.m.
Sunset:  5:59 p.m.
10 hours and 30 minutes of daylight

4 comments:

  1. Wonder why there are so few trick or treaters?? I know we will change how we spend Halloween next year....I guess times are changing.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bought candy but there were no kids. Guess Russ'll be able add the calories he needs! Ha ha. Working warehouse he burns a LOT of calories.
    I agree about Tom,now that you mention it. Wish I'd thought to donate a cute hat (pumpkin top?) to put on the stuffed lion. He'd look really cute,ya think? Maybe next year.....
    I agree;the holidays are starting up.Hallmark channel has commercials for the holiday movies & stores are mentioning their "specials". Hope we get a bit of snow.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you always get into the spirit of the season.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We don't give out candy at our door. We did at work but there weren't many children so we gave away some candy to whoever wanted it. Some there the next day. Alot of people go to the outlet mall as well. I wore my Mnm tshirt to work on thurs, for the fun of it. I will blog it later. I like Joe's Charlie Brown tshirt. Oh was there a tv special of it this year? Have a good night!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.