Saturday, September 7, 2013

THE WEEKEND IS FINALLY HERE!

Hooray I got through my week at work.  Friday Karen did not show up for work because she had a doctor's appointment.  Judi, the branch head, had a meeting in the morning.  Cherra, the other librarian, was on vacation.  So it was just me and Rob, the guard.  Obviously we didn't open until 1:30 p.m. when Judi returned from her meeting.  I was able to get a lot of work done for them.  I finished the mail, shelved hundreds of books, and straightened up 3 of the 28 bookcases in the non-fiction section.  I wish I had the time to do more straightening because it is really bad there.  Being so short-handed they have not had the time to do it for almost a year!  I thought it would be hard being the only one at the circulation desk,  but two volunteers showed up and helped out so it wasn't bad at all.

Over all it wasn't a bad week.  It just felt like it went on and on.  On Thursday Ted came in with soft pretzels for everyone and then Judi baked some cupcakes that were so good.  She did that the last time I was there too.  She's a great baker.  I would definitely gain weight if I worked there all the time.

It was very cool yesterday.  It was in the 50s when I got up to go to work.  Real fall weather.  But today it's supposed to go back up in the 80s.  Good for the cookout.
 
It was Friday so I treated Joe and myself to dinner tonight.  Guess where I stopped on the way home.
 
 I wanted a lemon slush so much but was almost afraid to order one because the last two times I ordered lemon and got lime.  I don't like lime, but I had already left the place before I realized what it was.  Today I actually got lemon and it was so good!  It just hit the spot.

I have been trying to clean up the house for the cookout, but there is still so much to do.  I am so very tired when I get home from work that I just fall to sleep.  I got all the junk off of the dining room table and put on the fall decor.  I had bought an autumn vase from Rite Aid.  So pretty.  I was looking at it a couple of days ago and said to myself that it would be perfect for the table.  I wrapped it up so it wouldn't break and put it....  Well, your guess is as good as mine where I put it.  I have looked for it for hours and no luck.  I know it will show up, just not for today.

 I have so much to do so I am going to get myself to bed so I can get up in the morning.  At least no one is coming until 3 p.m. so I have the morning to get things ready.  I'll be taking plenty of pictures, so be prepared.  Until later...

SunnyFriday -- sunny
High:  73 degrees at 4:05 p.m.
Low:  54 degrees at 6:45 a.m.
Sunrise:  6:33 a.m.
Sunset:  7:25 p.m.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Kathy, you cracked me up...losing your new vase !! Well at least you had a good sonic drink.:):) Hope your get together went well. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to have a busy week I guess. We had rain this week and today we were at a wedding with dinner outdoors. Prayed for no rain...turned out to be a great afternoon. Our mornings are a bit cooler as well.
    Hope you find your vase soon. Maybe next time make a note and stick it on the fridge so you'll know where to find it. But I've done the same thing myself!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.