Tuesday, September 17, 2013

SEVEN YEARS AND COUNTING

Today is my seventh wedding anniversary.  How did we spend it?  We began by going to the doctor's together.  How romantic!  (ha, ha)  Joe wanted to have the doctor update his records regarding his hospitalization and I am still having trouble with my left knee.  I now have a referral to an orthopedist.

My friend Debbie and her husband Rusty gave Joe and I two dozen beautiful roses.  They are red and white symbolizing unity.  The perfect bouquet for an anniversary.  Thanks to both of you!


We got a late start out to Lancaster County.  I wanted to leave in the early afternoon to avoid rush hour, but that didn't happen.  We left at 5:00 p.m.  I had made reservations at Miller's Smorgasbord for 7:00 p.m.  It usually takes about an hour and a half, but with the traffic it took two hours.  We actually pulled into the parking lot at 6:56 p.m.


 We had been going back and forth on where to eat and finally Joe told me to pick anywhere I wanted.  I went on the internet and looked for places close to the hotel we were staying at.  We both love Miller's and haven't been there in a long time.  I saw that now they also have a la carte dishes along with the buffet.  Let's face it, neither of us was up to doing a buffet.  I called the restaurant to see if they were handicapped accessible and they were.  So I made the reservations.  I was so glad I did.



I had fried chicken with potato stuffing, grilled vegetables and applesauce.  Joe had roasted turkey breast with potato stuffing, grilled vegetables and a beautiful salad.  Everything was delicious!

Joe's salad

These grilled vegetables were out of this world!

I was too full for dessert, but Joe made up for me.  He got the dessert bar and had three (yes three!) desserts:  peach crumb pie, pumpkin pie, and chocolate cake.

Joe really enjoyed his peach pie

Pumpkin pie and chocolate cake

Yes, there are three plates here and Joe ate them all.

How cute is this hostess stand?  It's the front of an old car and where the front seat would be is a desk where the hostess stands and greets the guests.  Lots of people were having their picture taken beside it, so I had Joe stand there and took his picture too.


 The place was completely renovated from the last time I was here.  Now there's one whole wing with a gift shop and book store.  There were a lot of nice things in there and not very expensive.  I got myself a silver keyring with my name on it for $2.65.

It was freezing when we came out of the restaurant.  It had dropped into the 50s!  I was so glad I had brought a jacket with me.  Joe had only a sweater, but he said it was warm enough.  I even turned on the heat in the car.

We finally made it to the hotel about 8:30 p.m.  The woman at the desk is so nice and friendly.  She is the one I made my reservation with in July and she remembered me.  She told us the room we are in (which is handicapped accessible) is newly renovated and we would love it.  She was right.  The room is beautiful!  What a nice place to spend our anniversary night.

This is the outside of our room in the "Carriage House".  It's so cute.  I will take a picture of it in the daylight so you can see it better.  But I like the nighttime shot too.

Joe sitting in the slipper chair.  It's the only chair in the room.  He said he looked like FDR in this shot.

It has a king sized (and very comfy) bed that is beautifully made up.

There is a little kitchen area with a microwave, Keurig coffee maker, and refrigerator.

There are double sinks and granite countertops in the bathroom.

And marble tiles and a soaker tub in the bathroom.  I am thinking of taking a bath instead of a shower in the morning.

The little refrigerator is cute and even has a place to hold water bottles or soda cans.

I didn't think I would like dark gray, but I love the color of these walls!

There is a huge TV mounted on the wall across from the bed and we were able to watch the Phillies beat the Marlins 12-2.  Go Phillies!  That is Cliff Lee on the screen.  He won MVP of the game.  (Please ignore the pile of clothing.  I was unpacking the suitcase looking for something.)

Joe is now snoring and I'm about to go to sleep also.  We are going to a show tomorrow afternoon, so I will tell you about that then.

AM Light RainLight rain in the morning, sunny in the afternoon
High:  73 degrees at 3:45 p.m.
Low:  59 degrees at 11:25 p.m.
Sunrise:  6:42 a.m. (in Philadelphia); 6:47 a.m. (in Lancaster)
Sunset:  7:07 p.m. (in Philadelphia); 7:12 p.m. (in Lancaster)

Isn't it strange how the sun rises and sets with a 5 minute difference between Philadelphia and Lancaster?

7 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary!!
    I like how you don't leave out any details, cute.

    Yes, your hotel room is really pretty.
    Hope you slept well and have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The room looks comfy,but the food sounds super! Thanks to your photos,
    it even looks delicious. I love the fact your room is 'Carriage' & the picture you took has the carriage wheel. Cute!!
    Both of you enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary, Kathy. I love Lancaster County, haven't been there in years. Glad to see Joe is doing better. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, what a lovely evening and a great way to celebrate! Good for you and congratulations to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy anniversary To you and your husband. Glad you had a good time out. The roses are beautiful. Hope it won't be long till both of you are doing better . I know what you mean about drs. appointments.xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy anniversary. Ours is next month and will include another round of speech competition on a night we'd planned something different. It's all good as I'm proud of my husband winning. Have a good time and enjoy the food. I really like Amish food.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an adorable little room! Hope you two have had the best Anniversary ever!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.