Tuesday, September 10, 2013

PRIVATE

What a day this has been.  I'm sorry to have to make this blog private.  Boss got on my case today saying he read my blog and he doesn't like the things I put in it.  Especially about him.  Especially about him emailing and calling me at McPherson Square last week.  So now he doesn't have to see it.  I'm not going to delete it because of him.  I also blocked him from my facebook page.  If he asks, I got rid of everything.  I hope I'm not losing any of my regular readers because of this.  When I retire then things will go back to normal.

So anyway, I had to put my car in the garage this morning to get the air conditioner fixed. The mechanic said it was low on freon (is that how you spell it?) but couldn't find a leak.  So he put dye in it and I have to take it back in two weeks to see if there is a leak anywhere.  It could be just low freon.  It was also time for my oil change and my tires had all different pressures in them so that was all fixed too.  Now I'm all set.

My friend, Carole, took me to work today and picked me up to get the car after work.  When she dropped me off this morning Sheila, the children's librarian, was just coming in.  We walked up the steps and saw that there were rocks on the steps and the glass in the front door was all cracked.  Nice.  Then when Diane and I went out to get the books out of the book drop we saw that someone had gotten into the side yard and taken our picnic table apart.  The top had been thrown down the stairwell to the basement and the bottom which was chained to the tree was all bent up.  A neighbor came over later and said she saw a group of teen boys doing it all last night.  She has photos of them to show to the police.  I just love my job.

When I got home from work I got Joe out of bed and we went to get gas and get something for dinner from ShopRite.  I like to get him out of the house as much as I can.  We ended up with a rotisserie chicken and I cooked up some mixed veggies to go with it.  I also got some soft stuff for the rest of the week.  I'm supposed to get my root canal finished on Thursday and I have a feeling I'm not going to be eating a lot of chewy stuff for a few days after that.

Joe called me at work today and said he had fallen in the bedroom.  And then tonight he fell down the stairs.  He was at the bottom and his cane was at the top.  He is all banged up and bruised.  He wants me to take him to the Emergency Room at the Veteran's Hospital tomorrow morning before I go to work.  I couldn't get him up tonight and had to get our neighbor, George, to help me.  Thank God he was still awake and able to come over.  This is five times this week he has fallen.  I just don't see how I can continue working too much longer.   I think we have to work hard on getting this house ready to sell and get into a one floor apartment or house.  I usually don't mention how bad his walking has gotten, but friends, it's pretty bad these days.

So that's all the news here.  I'm going to go get some sleep.  I have a feeling that tomorrow is going to be a long day.  Thank you to all my loyal readers and if you know someone who regularly reads, please let me know and I will send them an invitation.  There's only one person I'm trying to block.  And we do have some great stuff planned for the rest of the month.


Partly CloudyMonday -- Partly cloudy
High:  76 degrees at 2:05 p.m.
Low:  54 degrees at 6:05 a.m.
Sunrise:  6:36 a.m.
Sunset:  7:19 p.m.

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for including me! I am really ticked off with your boss! If he does not like what you write, he should take note and improve his attitude! I think we have all probably worked for someone like him. I know I have, only she was a pastor's wife! I am so sorry for Joe! Balance issues are very debilitating. Good luck with root canal and the rest of your week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Appreciate the invitation. Your blog is well worth the miniscule
    effort of signing in. I agree with Quiltpecan,you'd think he'd take a hint.Well pride goeth before a fall
    and at his pride...that's sure to be a loooonnnng drop! Not to mention hitting rock bottom!
    Sorry to hear about Joe. Will keep you both surrounded in prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no...Joe must be so sore from the fall down the steps..that is awful! On another note, I am glad you are able to keep your blog by privatizing it..even though you probably didn't want to do it. I'm glad you sent me an invitation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Kathy, I am so sorry for your trouble. Hopefully the doctor will get his medicine dosage changed and Joe will be better. I did not realize your blog had become private. I saw three posts today in my reader. And I was wondering why I did not see one in a while. Can you send me an invite just in case? I do enjoy following you. I remember that Joe is a diabetic. Is he on Metformin?? Horrible, horrible drug, don't let the dr.'s tell you otherwise. It causes terrible balance issues! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your boss really has no right to tell you what kind of social media you can and cannot have. Sounds like he's on a major power trip to me. I hate that you have to put up with such garbage. Hopefully soon you will no longer have to work.

    Bless Joe's heart. I'm so sorry you two are having such struggles right now. You all are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so sorry to hear about Joe! I have missed some of the recent posts....every time I miss a day or two something important happens.
    Since I am now current I am glad to hear he is back home and mending. Y'all have a special way of celebrating your anniversaries!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.