Wednesday, September 11, 2013

LIFE GOES ON

Thank you to those of my sweet friends who have taken the time to sign up for my private blog.  I am hoping my other friends will see their emails soon and sign up also.   But enough of that.  I am writing a quick post before going to work but will post another 9/11 post later today.

Yesterday was very busy at work.  Boss still isn't talking to me nor I to him except for very brief comments about work.  That's fine with me.  From now on it's only business.  He wants to be everyone's best friend and know everyone's business.  Never again.  I have learned my lesson.

Buildings came and put wooden boards up where the broken windows are in the front door.  Everyone kept coming in and asking what had happened.  It is so dark in the building now.  I hope the glass is replaced soon!

Joe refused to go to the Emergency Room yesterday, but is going today.  He is in a lot of pain and bruised from head to toe.  Literally.  Lumps on his head, no skin on his ankles and toes, and skinned arms, knees, back, and bruises on his arms, legs, shoulders.  He even has a gouge across his neck that looks like someone took a knife to him where he hit himself on the nightstand falling out of bed.  I hope no one thinks I did that to him!  He won't let me go to the hospital with him, but our friend Carole is taking him.  He keeps saying he doesn't want me to miss work because we need the money.  I can't get him to understand that I have personal days and will still get paid.  He is adamant so I am not going to upset him further.  I will let you know how he makes out.

I came home at dinner time yesterday.  I had made him a sandwich, gave him water, pretzels, the local newspaper....  Everything I could think of to make his day better.  He is afraid to come downstairs now and I don't want him to if I am not in the house.

So that's life at this house.  I have to get Joe ready to go to the hospital and then get ready myself to go to work.  It's never dull here, folks.  Until later....

Partly CloudyTuesday -- morning partly cloudy, afternoon sunny
High:  88 degrees at 3:45 p.m.
Low:  69 degrees at 12:45 a.m.
Sunrise:  6:37 a.m.
Sunset:  7:17 p.m.
(It was DARK driving home last night at 8:00 p.m.!)

1 comment:

  1. Hope Joe's ER visit went okay. Keep us posted on how he is.

    My Mom had a boss like that once. Mom truly thought they were very good friends until one day she plainly told mom "I'm not your friend, I'm your boss". It's sad that people can't be both.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.