Tuesday, August 20, 2013

TOOTH UPDATE

 

Just a quick update on what's going on.  On Sunday I started pulling myself off of the pain killers.  And surprisingly it wasn't too bad.  The infection has started going away and the pain has lessened considerably.  I took only four pills as opposed to the 12 I have been taking each day.

I stayed home from work yesterday expecting to get my tooth pulled.  The first thing I did was to call the dentist I've been dealing with -- the one doing the root canal.  He said since things have calmed down, to just wait until Thursday and keep my appointment to have the root canal finished.  When he sees me he can make the decision whether to go on or not.  But there is a good chance I will not need to have it pulled after all.  That would be wonderful.  It is my front molar on the left bottom and pulling that would shift all the teeth in my mouth.  Besides, I'd like to keep my teeth as long as possible!

I was going to go into work, but I am now having a lot of pain in my left knee from my arthritis.  At times Sunday and yesterday I could hardly walk and have had to use a cane.  It's no fun getting old, folks.  I did so much walking as a young adult that I figured it would always be that way.  Not so.  And I miss being able to walk miles with no problem.

So that is my story and I'm sticking to it.  I'm getting ready to eat and then take off for work for my late day.  

Joe is calling out for dinner tonight at a new place for us.  Hope the food is good.  If we like it, we can add it to our collection of take out places.  It's nice to have dinner there when I come home at 8:30 and not have to cook it.

Thank you all for your prayers.  I know that God is making me better because of all of you.  And to the anonymous commenter the other day, please let me know who you are.  I'd love to have you become my newest follower.  Your comment about the salt water was right on and I have been doing that.  Thanks.

5 comments:

  1. 138 ynalldpYea! for the tooth.
    Boo! for the knee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm heartened to hear about the tooth. Prayers that you can keep it. Sorry about the knee. Bummer!
    I sympathize as Russ has a lot of knee issues.
    Know what you mean about new food places. We have a couple we use on a regular basis,especially
    one that has a children's menu. I sometimes just want a smaller
    portion.
    May you feel better soon!
    Lottsa love & prayers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy, Sorry to hear about your knee I hope you get better.. On a good note though you get to keep your tooth.. Yay... I hope you feel much better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear your tooth ordeal is getting better. Hang in there, 2 more days! Hope you knee feels better soon. Sigh, one thing then another. Continued prayers and remember no matter what happens, God is there alongside you in the trials. His mercy is new every morning. Gentle hugs, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kathy, glad you are doing better. I left the salt water and Excedrin comment. Tooth pain is the worst! I am now following you, stop by and visit me sometime. You live in one of my favorite states, Pennsy. xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.