Monday, August 12, 2013

THE SUNDAY GARDEN

I didn't get to church because of the pain in my jaw following my root canal.  I hadn't gotten last week either because I was with my sister on Sisters' Week and went to her church.  So I watched last week's message on the computer.  It was fantastic and I got 3 1/2 pages of notes.  It was on Genesis 8:20-9:17 -- God's promise to Noah (and to us).  So glad we post all of our sermons.

My garden is pretty much done for the season.  That is sad because I hate to see summer end, even though I love fall.  I could get just a few pictures for you.  The last few roses and the coleus were all that were left.






I hope I have good weather this week (and energy) to get the garden cleaned up.  It's really overgrown.

The sky was beautiful last night as I made macaroni and cheese for dinner.  I thought it would be easy to eat, but it was not.  Oh well.  I also made an Amish peach long cake to use up the peaches I bought last week.  It turned out wonderful!


 
I have to get ready for work.  Because Diane is out sick this week, I am staying at the Richmond Branch.  Bob will be back from vacation, but the boss and the guard are also out today.  It's going to be interesting.

5 comments:

  1. Any day the boss is out is a GRRREAT day! Enjoy!
    My coleus is HUGE! baring really early cold weather, you should have their color through
    til October at least. One of the reasons I get them each year is it's the one plant I can't kill.Ha Ha. My husband likes them but not the fact they take over our small garden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy, your roses are so beautiful! I can't believe your season is almost gone.. We still have plenty of HOT days ahead I wont feel fall till like in Dec. Ha ha.. we skip fall here. I hope your jaw feels better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fortunate that you can get your sermons on the computer. Our church is so small, we get only audio. But I glad about we have that.

    I'm sad about summer being almost over, too. You still have beautiful flowers.


    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying you are feeling better soon. I will miss the flowers of summer. I have some roses still blooming. Daughter cut them back and there was nothing, then when it was cooler a couple weeks ago, rosebuds came back so now I'm enjoying them again. I want to put two more rose bushes out there so I'll some more pretty flowers in front. Take care! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathy, Sorry you are having pain. Mac and cheese...wow wish I had some right now. I love it. I do not want summer to end..do you? I love fall but want to enjoy every last minute of summer. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.