Sunday, August 25, 2013

THE SUNDAY GARDEN

Such a lovely weekend.  The weather has been perfect -- sunny, hot, just beautiful.  A real summer weekend and I am loving it.

Today's sunrise.
 I did a lot more Friday and yesterday than I should have.  Even though I was resting a lot, I just wanted to get stuff done.  I did a lot of wash and am almost all caught up.  Yay!  And I worked on my jungle of a yard.  There is still a lot to go, but it looks so much better.  I would do a little bit and then went and put my leg up for a half hour or so.  It took a long time doing it that way, but at least I didn't stress my knee.

The grass really needed cutting.
 


So that was the first thing I did.

Then I weeded around my gazing ball.
Before

After

Next I did the little flower bed by the house.
Before

Before

After

After
 I found my geranium.  Fortunately it's still alive and blooming.  I see lots of buds on it.  The other is a red impatients.  I hope it will bloom again.

I changed the garden flag.

And righted my little cat statue.  I don't know what this plant is (probably some kind of weed), but I thought the leaves were pretty so I left it.

I have a large pot which had pansies in it last year, but they all died and the weeds took over.  So I cleaned it out.  I'm going to get a nice mum to put in it for the fall.
Before

After
 The herb box was next.  Out go the weeds.  My parsley and thyme didn't make it, but I still have basil, oregano and chives.  Lots of chives.  I even found my little frog and added him to the empty space where the parsley and thyme were.

Before

After
 Lastly I did the box that has my coleus.  It was a mess, but look how nice it turned out.  I was given a sunflower by the children's librarian at work and I added it to the coleus box.  It's already growing and doing wonderful.

Before

After
 I know it looks like a lot, but since I did it over three days' time it really wasn't that much.  I still spent most of my time off of my feet.

We went to church today for the first time in three weeks.  We had a guest speaker because today was the pulpit exchange week in our denomination.  Each pastor speaks at a church not his so people get to meet him.  Our pastor came back before we left, so we got a chance to talk to him too.

Then all afternoon I spent laying on the sofa watching TV.  Not a bad way to spend the day.

We had pork steak, green beans and mashed potatoes for dinner.  And we watched the sun set as we ate.  I always think the sunsets are prettier than the sunrises.

 
 It's back to work tomorrow.  I know it's going to be hard, but I will do the best I can.  Joe has already gone to bed, and I am going to join him.  We will watch some TV until we fall asleep.  Wish I could stay home every day.  Soon.

FairPartly cloudy
High:  81 degrees at 3:05 p.m.
Sunrise:  6:23 a.m. EDT
Sunset:  7:40 p.m. EDT

4 comments:

  1. Glad you got something you wanted done without completely wearing you out~
    Pace yourself! I will thinking of you tomorrow and praying you make it just fine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the coleus box before and after
    someone told me that if you trim the long stem that grows on them you get more or they spread out more.. worth trying..

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my favorite ways to read blogs, are the before and after pictures. Yours are great!
    Glad you had several nice days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the before & after! it's great how your coleus stay neat & tidy. Mine are bushy & almost 2
    feet tall!
    Hope all goes well health wise.
    Will be using my camel knees!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.