Wednesday, August 7, 2013

SISTERS' WEEK -- DAY NINE (SUNDAY)

Sunday was the last day of Sisters' Week 2013.  It felt surreal knowing that a week before we had been going to the British Chip Shop and the week was just beginning.

We began the day attending Elaine's church.  I have been there so often that I know many of the people.  It was so nice being there.

After church we went back to Elaine's house and had a wonderful brunch.  Then it was time to pack up and leave for home.  How is it that I always come back with way more than I go there with?


It wasn't a bad drive back, but there was lots of traffic and still took me 2 1/2 hours to make it.  I was sad to leave Elaine but glad to be back with Joe and in my own home.  Isn't that the way it always is?

I didn't realize until later that night just how much I needed that vacation.  I am feeling so much better both physically and mentally.  Being able to sleep whenever I was tired and not having something I must do NOW helped me so much.  It makes me look forward to retirement that much more.

I hope you have enjoyed coming along on my Sisters' Week.  It was probably the best one I have had in YEARS.  And I have to wait a whole year for another one!

2 comments:

  1. Kathy, I can't believe your vacation has come and gone.It seemed fast for me, and it wasn't even mine. :) I hope all the fun will see you through till your next time off. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got through reading all about
    "Sisters' Week". The Ocean, the flowers, the food and of course,fun with your sister. Love all the flowers!

    So glad you had the time to rest and feel better. Yes, retirement will be great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.