Tuesday, August 6, 2013

SISTERS' WEEK -- DAY EIGHT (SATURDAY)

I had planned to go home on Saturday afternoon, but once again the weather worked against me.  It poured rain most of the day.  After talking on the phone with Joe we decided that I would stay another day and come home on Sunday afternoon when it would be better weather.

In spite of the rain, we went to the Farmer's Market near Elaine's house.  We got a little wet, but got beautiful produce.  Look at these tomatoes Elaine got.  There's nothing as good as a Jersey tomato.



I got a lot of nice produce too.  Everything looked great.  It was worth getting wet to get these veggies.


Peaches, tomatoes, 8 ball squash, summer squash, eggplant, and onions.
 In the afternoon the rain let up some so we went to Barnes and Noble.  I do not need any more books, but I love looking.  And, of course, I end up buying.  But I didn't go overboard.  In fact, this whole week I really didn't buy a lot.  I just don't have the money this year and I am not going in to debt.

We had just gotten in the store when Elaine said to me that my purse was saying "hello".  Here I hadn't locked the keypad to my phone and had accidentally called my Aunt Alice.  I answered the phone and went outside to talk with her.  We both laughed and laughed about it.  She told me it was nice talking to me even if my purse did call her.  Ha, ha!

Next we went to Marshalls.  I was looking for a particular mug that I know they sell in Philly, but I couldn't find it.  They had everything but.  But I did find a vegetable bowl to replace one that got broken and paid only $3 for it.  I also found a birthday gift for a friend, so it was a profitable trip.

Going home Elaine asked if there was anyplace else I wanted to go.  I said no, but when we were near Cracker Barrel, I said I'd like to look in their gift shop.  After we parked, we decided to have an early dinner there.  We got seated right away and had what I called a "last hurrah of the vacation" dinner.  Elaine got the trout and I got the grilled pork chop.  Everything was good.

The scenery where Elaine lives in New Jersey is so completely different than it is down the shore.  I got this shot from the car which is just one part of all the great scenery.


So that was it for Saturday.  We went back to Elaine's house, played with her dog baby, Cody, and just chilled out the rest of the night.  It was a really relaxing day and just what I needed.



2 comments:

  1. Looks like someones having tons of fun! Good for you! I have always wanted to go see New Jersey it just always seems green.. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you all had a nice relaxing day! Definitely what you needed friend :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.