Tuesday, July 30, 2013

SISTERS' WEEK -- DAY THREE (MONDAY)

Today headed out to Ocean City, NJ.  Joe went with us because he wanted to get a haircut and will go only to the barber in Ocean City.  He is very good and very nice.  His name is Andy and he said he will look forward to seeing us when we return in September.

Remember the beach as it was in May?

Here's what it looks like today:


Joe and I were amazed at how much it has changed for the better.

Of course we saw the ever present seagulls.  They would let you get right up to them without flying away.

 Who are these lovely women?  Joe took a nice shot of us.  You can tell how windy it was by how horrible our hair looks.

 And here's another couple. Aren't we cute?


We ate at Del's and Joe finally got his "Big Mis-steak".  He was one happy man.


After we ate we headed for Jilly's Arcade where we played skee ball and pinball.  Lots of fun.

We turned around and started back to where the car was parked five blocks away.  You know we had to stop for Polish Water Ice.  Oh so very good!  

And Elaine caught a picture of this!  Imagine kissing by the ocean!


We stopped in a few stores but really didn't buy anything.  I got a couple of 3-D bookmarks at Mia's Christmas Gallery, but that was it.

Before we left, though, Elaine and I had to go into the ocean.  We had to wait until 5:30 p.m. when the beach was free.  Earlier than that you have to buy a beach tag in order to go onto the beach.  Some people think this is unfair, but the city uses the money to maintain the beach and boardwalk.  And it's only a few dollars to buy one.

Joe waited for us on the boardwalk and Elaine and I went down to the sand, took off our shoes and walked into the surf.  We were both wearing capris, so didn't go in too far.  At first the water was cold, but by the second wave we had gotten used to it and it was pretty warm.  We were saying to each other how much we love going into the ocean and how we had been doing this together since we were very little girls.  It's so nice to have a sister.  Especially one close in age to you who shared your life experiences.  

We both took lots of pictures.







The waves were really high and the ocean was rough because of the high winds.  But I didn't feel much of a current.  That was good.

By this time we were all beat.  We wanted to head home but first Joe had to stop in Fudge Kitchen.  It's the only place he can find sugar free chocolate almond bark.  I got fudge.  When we came out I couldn't find my sunglasses.  I went back in and there they were.  Someone had found them on the floor and turned them in.  There really are nice people in the world.

So we headed home and made really good time getting here even driving with the sun in my eyes almost the whole time.  I hate that.

I started writing this post over two hours ago, but I keep falling asleep.  I guess that tells me something.  Like "go to bed, Kathy" maybe?  More travels coming later this week.  But I'm going to end today with a video of the ocean (if I can get it to load).  Until later...

6 comments:

  1. I am up late tonight as well....and was wondering why YOU were still up!! Loved so many things about this post!! Sisters, you and Joe kissing, the sounds of the surf! SUCH a wonderful post!! Thanks for staying up and sharing it with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad I got to see your beach pictures. Looks so calm and wonderful.
    Glad you have your sister visiting, and you have vacation time.

    The chocolate fudge bark sounds wonderful.

    Viola

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sound on the video made me want to go & walk too! It seemed so calming...
    Joe does look happy with his sandwich. Isn't it funny how some foods make us feel good? Guess that's why they're called 'comfort food'! Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh thank you Kathy, for letting me hear the ocean. It's been a while for me. Glad all of you enjoyed your day out. I love being with my sisters too. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathy, looks like you had a great time. there is nothing like spending time with sisters Nothing.. take care amiga..

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like going to the beach and fun with my sister. We've not done that in a few years. Maybe next year for our birthday get together. She has dogs and cats, we don't but I tolerate them.;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.