Saturday, July 27, 2013

SISTERS' WEEK -- DAY ONE (SATURDAY)

I may be on vacation today, but it wasn't much different than any other Saturday.  I began by doing a load of wash and then picking up Debbie and we went food shopping.  She came home with me, helped me to unpack things.  Then we attacked the kitchen.

Yes, it's cleaning day at Kathy and Joe's.  I'm still working on it, but most of the kitchen is now scrubbed, smelling lemony and looking great.  The rest of the house?  Ah...  well now that's a different story.  I'm working on that.  Give me time.



But time is something I don't have a lot of because my sister Elaine will be here tomorrow.  Catch 22.

I'm having difficulty because my back and legs are bothering me today.  I had to inherit my dad's family's back.  My brother, sister, aunts, uncles, cousins all have the same problem with their back and legs.  It's not fun.

So just checking in while I take a little break.  I'm heading out to make dinner.  I'm having a honey/maple ham steak, mashed potatoes and green beans.  Yum.  Then it's back to work.  It will get done.  I just have to pace myself.

Mostly CloudyHigh 86 degrees at 3:05 p.m. -- Mostly cloudy.

3 comments:

  1. Pace yourself! That delicious dinner should help......
    Picture it DONE in your mind and it will be so! Works for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't realize how great it looked til I saw the picture. We did good!
    Enjoy your dinner & Elaine's visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for vacation Kathy !!! Hope you and your sister have some great fun times. Yes, the sad part of being a woman...we always have some work to do..xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.