Tuesday, July 16, 2013

IT'S JUST ANOTHER DAY

Can you hear the song in your head?  Once again I overslept and was a little late for work.  But I still got there in plenty of time, so it was OK.

Another day with LOTS of library cards.  I counted the cards I did yesterday.  I usually do between 5 and 7 at the Richmond Branch.  Yesterday I did 17!  And I must have done about 12 today.

I was pleasantly surprised that all the changes we made to fines and limitations on books/videos didn't make that much difference.  The day went smoothly and everyone seemed to be happy.  That's a good thing!

It is very hot here again today, but a little cooler than yesterday.  It only got up to 96* as opposed to 103* yesterday.  Right now at 10:00 p.m. it is 89*.  Our air conditioners have been running non-stop.

I chose not to do overtime today.  I am just so tired and I had a headache most of the afternoon.  Yesterday it was my allergies and today it was a headache.  Not too good of a track record is it?  So I just came home and actually called out for Chinese food.  Unfortunately I am just not feeling well.  And even though I bought enough for both of us, I ate only a very little and felt very full.  It is in the fridge if I feel hungry later, but right now food is the last thing I want.

I am so very much looking forward to my week off from work.  Every year about this time I am really worn out and want to just spend some time away from the place.  Even though I really do love my job, sometimes I just need to step away from it all.

I am going to head to bed.  Three more days at McPherson Square and 12 more days to vacation!

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there my friend 12 more days... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 12 days will be here before you know it friend. We leave out tomorrow night, I'm so excited :)

    Hope your head feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.