Saturday, July 27, 2013

IT'S FINALLY HERE

Well I made it.  I am finally on vacation.  It feels great to know that I have a whole week where I don't have to go in to work.  It feels horrible to know I need to clean the whole house in one day -- today.  I will just do the best I can and that is all I can do.  Tomorrow is my sister's birthday and she is coming to stay with me for a few days so I want things looking, smelling, and BEING good.  She is allergic to my cat and I am allergic to her dog so we never spend a huge amount of time at each other's houses, but we don't stay away from each other either.

Today was an easy day at work.  Boss took off today to go down to his shore house.  Must be nice.  Well, it was nice for us.  I got just about everything done.  The couple of things I have left Diane has offered to do for me next week while I am off.

I borrowed some pictures from my cousin Rich that he took after the funeral on Monday.  I thought I would show you my extended family.  Here are my Uncle Nick's children:

Butch and Debbie.  Debbie is the cousin next to me in the grandkids list.  She is 10 months younger than me and 9 months older than my sister.

My cousin Butch is the middle kid.

And my cousin Essie is the "baby".
This is my Aunt Sis -- my dad's sister.  She lives in Florida so this is only the second time I have ever seen her.
 I don't have a picture of my Aunt Alice or Aunt Sandy.  Since Joe and I did not go to Butch's house after the cemetary and I was not taking pictures at the funeral, I didn't get them.  I will have to make sure I get some.  Hopefully I will see Aunt Alice this week.  We found we live really near each other and want to stay in touch.

So for the first day of Sisters' Week I will be food shopping, cleaning, doing wash and generally being busy.  But it will all be worth it for the rest of the week.  I'll be checking in and hope you enjoy my "travels".

Until later.... 

Partly CloudyFriday -- Partly cloudy.  High of 83 degrees at 2:25 p.m.

2 comments:

  1. Yippee for vacation! I empathize
    with the cleaning but it will be so beautiful for Elaine's visit! I can understand about the allergies;
    super you still get together.
    I felt the same way when my boss was out. I seemed to accomplish more with a LOT less stress & in a more relaxed mind-set.
    Enjoy your time off!
    Lottsa love,

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have a great week!!! Family is SO important!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.