Friday, July 12, 2013

FRIDAY VIEW

I went to the dentist yesterday.  After looking at my x-rays and my tooth, and asking questions about how it was feeling, he said that he felt he could save it, or at least make an attempt to save it.  That was the same conclusion I had come to so I was very happy that he felt that way.  He told me to continue to take all of my antibiotics.  I have an appointment on the 25th to begin the work.  It will take two weeks of medication and then he will finish it up.  So I figure the next month or so will be hard to eat, but maybe I can lose some weight on a liquid diet.  Ha, ha.  I've already lost 3 pounds just not being able to chew for a week.

I was running around like a mad woman today trying to get everything done.  Next week is my week to spend at the McPherson Branch.  And we are implementing a new system of checkouts and fines.  What a time to go!  But I told my staff to not be afraid to call me over there and ask questions. 

I made roast chicken for dinner tonight and it turned out so good.  I also sliced up one of those tomatoes I got at the farm last week.  Oh my, how wonderful it tasted.  Just like it came out of my yard.  I'm so glad I bought two.  The other one is going to get eaten tomorrow!

I had a hard time trying to find a Friday view for you this week.  I took a picture when I was out and about going to the dentist, but I was too far away and it didn't turn out.  So I am going to show you a picture that I found on the internet.  It's a nighttime view of the U.S.A. from space.  Can you pick out where you are?  Philly's lights are bright and I had no trouble at all.  I think you can click on it and make it even larger.  Isn't it interesting to see that most of the lights are east of the Mississippi River?


Have a good evening everyone!

4 comments:

  1. It's a dark night in Texas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy!!

    So happy he thinks he can save the tooth, hope all goes well.

    The picture is interesting. I wonder what time it was taken? It is probably dark west of the Mississippi due to the time difference from the east, but also because cities are spread out more than the east. I really like it though, thanks for sharing!!
    Blessings, Alice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great picture! I see Redmond on the West Coast. It's lit up.

    I love fresh tomatoes. The taste like Summer, don't they?

    I hope you enjoy your week at McPherson Branch. I think you are a team player!! (Go figure)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Horray that the tooth can be saved!! You telling about the tomato made me want one...maybe I'll order a salad as this is our 'callout' night.
    You are a big-time team player!
    He must be thinking of someone else...
    Lots of love & prayers!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.