Saturday, July 6, 2013

AND THE PAIN GOES ON

I had so many plans for today that have been put aside because of the pain.  My mouth is so sore and swollen.  I won't even show you a picture of me because it's ugly.

This morning I did want to get to the farm, though.  I called up Debbie and we headed out.  I didn't get much, but got a good deal.

Corn on the cob, beautiful tomatoes, red potatoes and lucious peaches.  Oh I want my mouth to be OK so I can eat these beauties.

I took a couple of pictures of the lilies they have growing along the sidewalk.  I've never seen lilies like these before.  They are such an unusual color.



The only other place I went was to Rite Aid.  We have three thermometers here, but can I find any of them?  Noooo.  So I bought another thermometer and a pint of ice cream.

The rest of my day was spent watching TV, reading blogs, playing games on facebook and sleeping.  A lot of sleeping.  And taking aspirin and the antibiotic of course.  It is some better than yesterday so I guess something is happening.  But the pain when it strikes is unbearable.

The ice cream actually made my mouth feel better.  I guess it is the cold numbing my jaw.  But after I ate some, I had no pain at all for about a half an hour or maybe a little bit more.  That was so good.

Now I wish I had made the appointment to see the dentist on Monday.  But I thought that by waiting till Thursday I would give the antibiotic a chance to work.  Maybe that will still be the case.  And I won't lose that much time from work.  I am almost out of sick time and it's only half way through the year.

So that's the news for today.  I don't think I will be getting to church tomorrow morning, but we'll see.

2 comments:

  1. Well, I say eat more ice cream, really! If it takes the pain away, do it.
    You poor thing. I have been praying for you.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry you are having tooth trouble. Nothing is any more painful. It was probably smart to wait it out till Thursday. They tried to pull one of mine once and it wouldn't numb because of the infection. Hopefully the antibiotics will give you some relief soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.