Sunday, June 9, 2013

THE SUNDAY GARDEN

I don't have much of a garden to show you today.  It needs a LOT of work.  It is really overgrown.  This is what it looked like when I left for church this morning.




When I got home from church Frank (my gardener) was here and he had weeded so much.  So VERY much.  After I changed my clothes and ate lunch I got out there with him.  I cut back some ivy and deadheaded one rose bush.  He continued weeding and then cut the grass.


Frank is a good friend as well as a gardener so we ended up talking for quite awhile.  He always asks me for a "woman's perspective" on life.  I try to always give him good advice, but I can ALWAYS give him THIS woman's perspective.  Ha, ha!

The yard still has quite a ways to go, but it is looking a lot better.  A little here, a little there and it will get back to rights.

Here are the hydrangea just about ready to bloom.  Just a few more days and the bush will be full of flowers.

The coleus is beautiful!

My lilies are blooming!  And without the weeds you can actually see them.

The yard looking a lot better.  But there's still a long way to go.
 
 

5 comments:

  1. Kathy, It seems ...no matter how big or small a yard, it take's work to keep it looking good. Yours looks nice. Love your hydranga and lilies. My lilies are getting pretty big, ready to bloom. Hope you have a great week. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy, I wish my yard looked that good. If I can get out in between thunderstorms and heat I will try to get some pictures of my wild roses before they are all gone. I had cut them to the ground the last couple of years and this year we have a spectacular show of roses. I harvest the rose hips in the fall. :-) Not much has gotten done this year because of the amount of rain we have had here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy,
    I can't wait to see what the garden turns out looking like. It's a fun works in progress.

    Have a blessed week.

    Thank you for dropping by the blog.

    Viola

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy, love your sweet garden.. now don't over do it...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.