Sunday, June 16, 2013

THE SUNDAY GARDEN ON FATHER'S DAY

Today being Father's Day is a hard day for me.  The last time I saw my dad alive and conscious was on Father's Day 1999.  He died four days later from colon and liver cancer.  I miss him so much.  I think about him a lot and even 14 years later can still hear his voice and feel his hugs.

Dad on his property in Maine

Last week Pastor Justin began in Genesis 1:1 to go through the entire Bible.  Today we studied Genesis 1:26-2:25 "The Dawn of Humankind".  I have been studying each week by reading the scripture in a modern translation, then in King James with a commentary, then in the original Hebrew and finishing up with listening to a message by my former pastor on the passage.  This has really helped me to understand everything.  Especially reading it in Hebrew has brought it alive for me.  I am seeing so much in it that I didn't see by just reading it in English.

After church Bud, Karen, Joe and I went to the Country Club for lunch.  It was really crowded because of Father's Day, but they moved really quickly and we didn't have to wait long at all.

When we got home I just laid down and slept for a couple of hours.  I'm getting so lazy lately.  But I work so hard during the week that I tend to try to catch up on my sleep on the weekends.

I took pictures of my garden yesterday and wanted to share them with you today.

The hydrangeas are starting to bloom.  My little pink one is completely overpowered by the blue lacecap.

There are blooms everywhere

The pink hydrangea is on a small bush.  If I had known how big the blue one would get, I wouldn't have planted them so close together.

It's going to be even prettier in a few days when all the blooms open up.

The coleus is getting huge!
The lilies are absolutely beautiful this year.

This is the most that has ever bloomed.
That's it for right now.  I am going to go make dinner.  Poached salmon and a fresh salad with the veggies I got at the farm yesterday.

Until later....

4 comments:

  1. love your garden. I planted a coleus as well. I have two hydrageneas now. I miss my dad, he's been gone for 26 years. Hugs and have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand missing your father. I miss mine, too.

    What a great way to spend Father's Day...Faith, Friends, Food and Flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy, It is so wonderful that you cant still hear his voice and feel his warm hugs..
    how wonderful!!
    Love your garden my friend looks fabulous....
    Wish I could grow hydrangeas down here...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy,,, I miss my dad too. It is 19 years this year and 20 years since my mom passed, so I know how you feel.

    I love your garden. My hydrangeas don't even have buds on them yet. I think it is because of all the rain we have had. Even the lillies of the valley have not bloomed yet. :-(

    You got quite the bargain on the fresh veges. We have not had much fresh produce this year. A lot of people did not even get gardens in, myself included. I think this is the wettest spring I can recall in this area and it still has not stopped raining. They are saying we should have a full week of sunshine since the first part of this year. I will believe it when I see it, LOL.

    Blessings, Alice

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.