Saturday, June 15, 2013

FRIDAY VIEWS (EVEN THOUGH IT'S SATURDAY)

I was so tired last night that I just couldn't post anything.  Even though I read through the blogs I follow, I was so tired I couldn't even comment.  So if I miss you when I go back to comment later today, please excuse me.  It's not because I didn't find you interesting.

I guess I was so tired because I woke up at 3 a.m. and couldn't go back to sleep.  I hate those nights.  Then it's hard to go to work the next day.

I finished my first week back.  It wasn't too bad.  Next week I will be working at the McPherson Square Branch for the week.  I sort of wanted to be at my own branch for the beginning of the Summer Reading Program since there will be face painting, give aways, etc., but that's how things worked out.  McPherson is down one Library Assistant since my friend Paul retired.  Right now Bob has been there for the last two weeks to help out.  I am giving him a break and going over there to help out.  In two weeks Diane will go for a week.  And hopefully after that someone will be promoted into the position and this will all be over.

Last night we took Walt out for Father's Day (or as we say "Pa Day").  If you remember, we gave Carole dinner for "Ma Day", so we wanted to do this for Pa.  Even though they are not related to us by blood, we have adopted them as our "parents".  And they call us their kids.

We went to Cracker Barrel in Trevose, PA.  I took a picture of the beautiful lilies outside.  The landscaping was so beautiful.

Even though we were sitting by a window and it was light out, they had the oil lamps burning.  It was so cozy.


Carole and Walt both got the hamburger steak which they said was great.  Joe got a bacon cheeseburger.  He said it was the best burger he has had in a really long time!  I had had a huge meatloaf sandwich for lunch and didn't want any more meat.  So I had the veggie combo platter.  I had mashed potatoes, candied carrots, green beans and fried apples.  It was good!
 
It was pouring when we were going there.  I mean POURING.  It was hard to see the road in front of us.  I was glad Carole was driving.  By the time we got there, it had lightened up.  And when we were leaving there was a beautiful sunset.  And this is your Friday view for this week.


Look at this striped cloud!
 Hope your Friday was as good as mine.  Stop back later for the Saturday post.

5 comments:

  1. I love your pictures!The colors are always so vibrant.
    I want one of the veggie platters.I adore vegetables & have been trying to eat more instead of the starch/carbos.
    Hope you catch up on your sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a nice dinner. We have a cracker barrel about 20 miles south of us we go to once in a while. It is very good. Hope all the fathers have a wonderful day tomorrow!!

    Alice

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you and Joe celebrate the big and small things in life.

    I must find a Cracker Barrel!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love capturing sunsets too. Glad you had a good day. I got some things accomplished. Busy day today too. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your pics!
    I order the veggie plate at Cracker Barrel too! Glad you made it through that first tough week back!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.